back of touchscreen questiion

grandeson

Reaction score
I noticed when I slide my screen up if I turn the phone over, there is a plastic film / clear sticker on the back of the touchscreen. I noticed this because there is a pretty big chunk of I now starting to peel off, wondering how important it is and what its for, any help is greatly appreciated

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
some people have removed it. Supposedly it made the slider much smoother BUT remove it with caution some (minority) have had not such a great result.

I'm leaving mine on. If it aint broke don't fix it type of thing.

I would say as long as it's not interfering with your slider leave it....

TomN

Reaction score
Yeah I think my slider is already a bit too easy to move so I'm keeping my film on the back.

R1Lover

Reaction score
It's mean to be there and stay there... leave it alone or you will have a sloppy slider with scratches on the back. :)

Xris

Reaction score
No.. take it off. It's there to protect the back from fingerprints.... just like the one on the front. The screen slides much more.. properly. I've had it off for a few weeks now, it's much, much better.

On Droids

Reaction score
I took mine off and now I get landscape view from my home screen :icon_eek: LOL

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I took mine off and now I can send voice and data simultaneously!

OP
G

grandeson

Reaction score
lol

this is actually amusing, keep up the good responses. I'll just let mine be for now, unless it comes off on its own, and when it does I'll check to see if the camera turns into a 10mp like I've heard. lol

Xris

Reaction score
I'm just sayin.. i know 4 people I work with who also have droids... everyone noted an improvement taking the film off... if you dont wanna, that's fine.. it doesn't hurt anythin being there (As far as we can tell.. the runners DEFINITELY wear on it, you can see the marks. These stop when it comes off) but it is better without it.. if you never use the KB, you won't notice either way.

oscar

Reaction score
i took mine off and my wife was never happier in the bedroom!

LordKastle

Reaction score
yeah oscar but without protection are you and your wife ready for so many kids?

oscar

Reaction score
i have two kids already because i removed the plastic behind the screen... no joke