Back of phone getting warm

Ansa82

Reaction score
Ok so I've noticed today after putting juice defender on my razr the back of the phone getting pretty warm...kind of odd
or normal? Battery was at 30%..... I just got a silicone case for it today...do ya think its just not letting the heat
dissipate? When this happens should I shut the phone down or just leave it be?

xm0067

Reaction score
Android phones tend to heat up sometimes, espcially with the power running through that monster.
If you were playing a game/streaming video/any other antenna or processor heavy action, its normal. If it was just sitting, screen off, no foreground apps, then you might have a problem.
If the phone gets into the excessively hot (110+), I would shut it down, but moderate heat isn't a problem.
On a more personal note, I don't like juice defener (or task killer) type apps, they interfere heavily with the way android natively runs, and because android was made to be a MOBILE operating system, it was built from the ground up with multitasking and battery life in mind.

Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated DROID 2

mikeawhitehead

Reaction score
The only time I've noticed mine get warm in the 5 days I've had it is when I was doing some heavy web surfing. I would think the heat would dissipate fairly well with such a thin body, but then again...

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
It was like the phone was "fighting" juice defender...WIERD? I uninstalled it and all is fine.

Deron

Reaction score
It was like the phone was "fighting" juice defender...WIERD? I uninstalled it and all is fine.

Is Juice Defender some sort of "task killer"?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score

Battery saver...but I guess it kind of is a task killer

vonfink13

Reaction score
i just put juice defender on my razr the other day...so far so good...i like that it kills the 4g signal while i am on wifi....but..my razr never gets warm....did you have it set to a very aggressive setting..mine is set to "balanced"....

breedingh8

Reaction score
Ok so I've noticed today after putting juice defender on my razr the back of the phone getting pretty warm...kind of odd
or normal? Battery was at 30%..... I just got a silicone case for it today...do ya think its just not letting the heat
dissipate? When this happens should I shut the phone down or just leave it be?

I don't see the point of using juice on Razr.. But whatever works for you mine was getting hot.. Turned off pocket dection mode and it stopped.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

vonfink13

Reaction score
i am starting to think that defender on my razr is over kill....the more i learn about smart actions the more i am realizing i might not need defender....

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
I ended up uninstalling it and my phone no longer heats up

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Battery saver...but I guess it kind of is a task killer

Yeah, the idea of Juice Defender is to have it turn things on and off when needed. I got it for my OG Droid, but I never saw any battery savings. For example, it would turn my WiFi every so often to see if there was a connection, even in places where there was no WiFi. There's lots of customizing you can do to the settings, but even though it said I was now getting 2X my battery life, it lasted the same as without JD. YMMV as others will swear by it.

Last edited:

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I use JD to toggle wifi on/off for one minute every time I unlock the phone. This way when I am home smart actions picks up I'm home/work and starts. if not it toggles off wifi for me.