just had to exchange my droid do to the camera locked up

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i have a 39/09. I do notice it does get a bit warm when im watching a video, but that's about it. guess I have one of the good ones from this batch.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have only ever noticed mine get hotter then warm once, and that was right after i had to do a reset, then while installing my apps, charging, and listening to the radio.. it did manage to get quite hot. After i was done installing apps, it cooled back down to warm, though installing 40 apps takes a minute ;).

sqchram

Reaction score
Mine is a 44/09 and YES it gets hot.

Okay, so its cool on standby,

Warm on live screen/web browsing

Hot on GPS/Game/streaming.

Its a power hungry device - I think thats just how it is.

bikerboy

Reaction score
mine even gets really hot on charge .... apps , and battery doesn't look like 7 hours of using time at all
lost 50% sleeping last night in 7 hours

jaydee6385

Reaction score
Mine gets uber hot when I'm playing robo defense. Then in the middle of the game it shuts down.=( I've gotta 40/09 by the way.

Kinda worried. =/

ChalmersP

Reaction score
I have a 41/09 and when I am playing Gem Miner its feels warm... not too hot... but noticeably different from being idle... I also have the app that tells me the temp/ and battery percentage, the hottest I have seen it was at 102 - 103 degrees... Everything is still working fine. What are you using when it gets really hot? Maybe thats why...

dendroid

Reaction score
Mine gets hot just when I am on a voice call for a few minutes at home. I do live far from a cell tower and almost always have a weak signal. My other cell phones used to just run down the batteries quickly while trying to stay in touch with the network but the Droid battery lasts all day. It definitely manages battery power better than any phone I ever had. But heating up near my ear kind of worries me. Like how powerful and what is the nature of these waves that are going through my brain?