Baby...where've you been my entire life

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just like it say... I love this thing...it has great feel, great battery.. Great phone....but..I don't like how much of a pita it is to assign ringtones and such... Remember the app called "files" BRING IT BACK!?!
SUGGESTIONS FROM OUR MEMBERS? I have maybe 15 mins of hands on time with this device...school me...

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Create a folder on the virtual SD card, label it media. Within that, have ringtone, notification, and alarm folders. Put your sound bytes in their appropriate folders, and then they should populate along with the stock sounds when you make your custom selection. Lots of third party apps to be browsing your phone's files. I prefer root explorer for its appeal to me.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Create a folder on the virtual SD card, label it media. Within that, have ringtone, notification, and alarm folders. Put your sound bytes in their appropriate folders, and then they should populate along with the stock sounds when you make your custom selection. Lots of third party apps to be browsing your phone's files. I prefer root explorer for its appeal to me.

Explain how to do that please...

doogald

Reaction score
Create a folder on the virtual SD card, label it media. Within that, have ringtone, notification, and alarm folders.

The folders have to be called "ringtones", "notifications", and "alarms". Plural, not singular. These folders can be in any folder, too, though I do the same thing you do - put them in a folder called media.

I've been using Astro File Explorer myself; it works fine. The only weirdness is that your files are in /storage/emulated/0 (that's a zero, not a letter "o").

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So you're telling me I need a file explorer to do this.. Correct??

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Got it.. Thanx people...

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I hate that there is no file folder anymore. I've had the phone for 2 months and just realized it a week ago lol. I'm guessing it's because there is no SD card anymore?
And welcome to the club; it's about time you joined ;-)

Sent from my Droid Maxx

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I hate that there is no file folder anymore. I've had the phone for 2 months and just realized it a week ago lol. I'm guessing it's because there is no SD card anymore?
And welcome to the club; it's about time you joined ;-)

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Word!! :biggrin:

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Don't welcome me too fast...just had a HTC one max dumped on me for a guitar setup..wow.. Big device love the screen...the ui.. Eh

MAXXED OUT!!!

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Minimalist controls for the camera, no file browser app, trial period bloatware, rapid release of similar phones... Motorola has a long-standing record of making bad decisions, perpetuated by Verizon on top of it!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I also got a one max lmao..its awesome being the only person around who can do fret jobs on high end guitars..;)

Also this is an ultra maxx.
MAXXED OUT!!!