1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

AXMLPrint can't decode status_bar.xml from 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Jul 15, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

Hello, I was excited to find AXMLPrinter which is supposed to be able to decode the binary android xml file embedded in framework_res.apk.

I tried it and I got java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. I have no idea how to make it work. The status_bar.xml is from one of 2.2's distributions.

In my PC, I have the followings installed as per the instruction:
    .NET 3.5, latest java sdk, and android sdk supports api level 8.

Please share your opinion on this. I need to look into the status_bar.xml so I can learn about the layout.

thanks,
  2. floridaseabee

floridaseabee New Member

One thing you can do is to use apktool to decompile the .apk. android-apktool - Project Hosting on Google Code (It will run in Windows, although I use Linux in a VirtualBox for mine) The tool will unpack everything and you will be able to view the .xmls normally without the need for a Hex editor.

The con to this side is that you will need to build the .apk again using apktool, create an update.zip and sign it and then apply to the phone in recovery mode. It won't be a simple 'adb' push back to the phone, but it won't take you longer than 5 minutes to do.

simple usage would be 'apktool d framework-res.apk frameworkdirectory'.

One thing to keep in mind is the apktool requires Java 1.6 (IIRC) and will not run properly with 1.5.
Search tags for this page
android axmlprinter arrayindexoutofboundsexception
apktool java.lang.arrayindexoutofboundsexception
arrayindexoutofboundsexception axmlprinter

axml printer

axmlprinter

axmlprinter arrayindexoutofboundsexception

axmlprinter java.lang.arrayindexoutofboundsexception

can find hexadicimal in status bar.xml in android
decode android layout xml file arrayindexoutofbound
how to use axmlprinter
how use axmlprinter