Awful LG G4 Verizon Tramp Stamp Outed In Digitizer Replacement Part Photos

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Screen-Shot-2015-05-13-at-8.55.14-AM1-300x206.jpg

I have never understood why it is that Verizon feels the need to muck up the design of every flagship that ever comes out by emblazoning them with their logo. It's like they feel the need to remind us every day that our carrier is Verizon, almost as if to say you are too stupid to send your money to the correct place at the end of the month without the constant reminder. Now I understand they do this as a means of free advertising, but I would argue it does more damage than good. There have been plenty of times where my non techie friends have even picked fun at the Verizon graffiti.

It comes as no surprise that the Verizon version of the LG G4 will also include the Gosh Awful Verizon tramp stamp on the front of the device. I was utterly shocked when my Galaxy S6 Edge didn't include a Verizon logo on the front of the screen. I remember the crazy home button logo on the Note 3. It looks like LG G4 owners won't be so lucky. We have not seen the back of the Verizon LG G4, but Im sure it will include a logo too. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leather back has the Verizon logo branded (burned) into it!

via

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never really had a problem with the Verizon emblem. But I guess I can see why some might not like it.

I even miss the "Powered by Google" moniker.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's simple advertising. They slap their name on it. Someone see's your phone and thinks they might like to "get me somma dat". They see the VZW logo. They know where to get dem somma dat. They get a new phone and VZW makes a buck.

It's never really bothered me that much either. Though my Note 4 only has it on the back cover (Hidden under my Samsung branded case), I've had other phones that had it on the front. I forgot it was there.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Personally I think people make too much of this. Point is, Verizon is the nations largest carrier and since you can't take a Verizon phone and use it on another carrier, it's a non issue really.
It's no different than Samsung, LG or HTC branding the front of their phones. Like Jonny said, it's simple advertising. Verizon hasn't branded the FRONT of their phones in quite awhile, and since most people put their device in a case, you never see the logo on the back anyway.
If I recall correctly, AT&T did the same thing on the back of the Nexus 6. (Apparently you can scratch it off though)
So yeah, it doesn't bother me.
Seems this topic pops up every time a new flagship is released.

S5 tap'n

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I've never been bothered, never even thought about. I've always used a case covers the logo up. I'm amazed that anyone even cares a fig.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I think putting it on the front is way over the top (although it was tastefully done on my old Droid Incredible). I don't mind the logo at all on the back of my S4, but dat Note 3 button? Yiiickkk...

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It only bothers me slightly because I'm OCD about symmetry, so it only being on one side of the front bugs me. They should put it on both sides....or all four corners... Or EVERY INCH OF THE BEZEL. Otherwise the logo itself isn't an issue.

on the move..