Awesome Phone! And a Quick Question if I May

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
:motdroidvert:Love my Droid!:icon_ banana: Still amazed at what it'll do. I've been customizing it like crazy and there's one thing (well, so far) that I can't seem to get it to do. I want to use my POP3 email account to send to people when I open their contact file and choose email. It always sends from my Gmail account. Is there any way I can do this?

As always, TIA

justbob

Reaction score
You can set that up in the e-mail app. Open the e-mail app, hit the menu key, pick account settings. Check "Default Account"

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note: there is an "email" app and a "gmail" app.. do what he said from the "email one, not your gmail account.

carbine

Reaction score
I had this issue with the stock email account. Regardless of what account I set it to use it still sent the email with my Gmail address. If you send yourself an email with your pop account and look at your headers you'll see that it's actually sending it from your pop server and using the return address of your gmail account.

I found no workaround for this other than using a different email client. I'm currently using K9 for my non-gmail account.

Edit: Here's my original thread on the same issue with my email headers to show what I'm talking about.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-all-mail-sending-through-google-account.html