Awesome NYY live wallpapers

alm0614

Reaction score
I have been working on it and its done, and works!

This includes
1) A NY logo with white and blue led's(nexus)
2) a NY logo with the ripple effect(water)

here is the link

NYY lwps

use update.zip method

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
all i do is the following.. take the .zip go into system->app->livewallpapers.apk and i just edit the pyramid_background.png as well as edit the .rs to change the colors.. I am a computer engineering student so i know some of the coding process. but i learned most by trial and error.

but people, i know your downloading this file, matter of fact its been downloaded 16 times, can you all let me know how it works and if so on what rom

zfly9

Reaction score

This includes

here is the link

NYY lwps

use update.zip method

Picture?

PS: Thanks!

iPirate

Reaction score
all i do is the following.. take the .zip go into system->app->livewallpapers.apk and i just edit the pyramid_background.png as well as edit the .rs to change the colors.. I am a computer engineering student so i know some of the coding process. but i learned most by trial and error.

but people, i know your downloading this file, matter of fact its been downloaded 16 times, can you all let me know how it works and if so on what rom
I dont see a .png or .rs

The livewallpapers.apk opens as a bunch of characters

jbg25

Reaction score
Last edited:

pilot25

Reaction score

This includes

here is the link

NYY lwps

use update.zip method

Do you have to be rooted to install this??

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
It literally takes 30 seconds to download the file, rename to update.zip and apply it through sprecovery... i am really busy with school work tonight and tomorrow, but can try to get some screenshots later. if someone else is running this and can get screenshots thatd be awesome..

here is the image i am using, just one has blue and white led's and one has the ripple effect

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score

I dont see a .png or .rs

The livewallpapers.apk opens as a bunch of characters

you have to right click and tell it to open with either winrar or 7zip

jbg25

Reaction score
Edit...that is weird...I swear when I started typing this you had not responded yet alm0614...now if someone can just help me figure out how to do this on CyanogenMod.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just letting you guys in on somthing, some lwps made by developers here won't work on any other rom's but theirs. Like pete's old neural lwp wont work on any newer roms. So, if you want to edit a lwp, pull the one out of the ROM you are currently using and edit that. It should be under /system/apps. This should work.

jbg25

Reaction score
Just letting you guys in on somthing, some lwps made by developers here won't work on any other rom's but theirs. Like pete's old neural lwp wont work on any newer roms. So, if you want to edit a lwp, pull the one out of the ROM you are currently using and edit that. It should be under /system/apps. This should work.

Right...but why when I pull LW from CM 5.0.5.4...modify one .png....push that app back...cant that one modified paper work?

The water... grass..smoke...all work just not the Nexus LW....it is really starting to piss me off! :mad: