Awesome Boot Animation: Bootanimation.zip

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by compsci04, May 19, 2010.

1. compsci04

compsci04 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys. This is my first new forum post thread so I guess i'm alittle shy because i'm new at this, but here goes:

For those of you who are intesested in changing your Motorola Droid's startup boot animation, you've come to the right place. I've been currently visiting Droid-Life's website, almost everyday now, and I saw something very interesting there yesterday that at the same time sort of pissed me off.

From what I recently found there, the guy who makes all the cool videos had made a request for anyone to create and post a cool and new boot animation file, perferablly the Incredible's boot animation file. So someone did it, submitted it and therefore stole my joy; however I wasn't at all please with it because the quality sucked. I became upset because the process of creation is one i'm familiar with, and if I would have heard about it I would have submitted an idea i had of my own ... which is cool. Check it out (if my photos attached correctly).

Its a rotating plasma ball i don't have a name for yet; but this video came from files i gathered from google searches and I pulled the images together in using frames (from Flash and Fireworks) to make a cool video that i decide to try on my phone and bring to the forums. If anyone is interested in this bootanimation.zip file, then reply to this post. The more interest/replies i get will determine if i will even make it available to the public. I should be finished with it by tomorrow night and if I get enough replies, should be ready for the public by Friday-Saturday morning.

Thanks my fellow Droid-Geeks.

Just added this at 1pm:

So, i've got the video file to these two png ready now, if you guys are interested in seeing it in motion. I submitted a more detailed reply to this update later on in this post. Hopefully the guys over at Droid-Life will appreciate it. :) And I'd like to mention this: this video came from images and an idea i just happened to have found doing a simple google search. Enjoy what you see ...

The Latest:

Good Morning,

Let me first offer my apologies for not being able to release the file at 8pm yesterday. I wasn't feeling to well last night; my girlfriend had to nurse me back to health and to be honest i'm still not in good working condition as I speak. But anyway, back to that release ...

At the bottom of this post I have directions to a page called i-Web where you can get your download from. Since my DVD Camera is just about as confusing and needy as a nagging wife, unfortuately the only thing I will not have for you is a youtube video of Unstable Core 1.1 running on my personal Droid. I should have this video up by tonight (when i get off work), but we'll see how that one goes.

Here's a little information you might not be interested in that I feel I deserve to tell: My friend and I just recently found out that the video file for this bootanimation file has restrictions attached to it, so of course we're not trying to sell it or gain any credit from its development (and no - my buddy and I did not create the actual video file; we just broke up some frames we got our hands on and generated a video file we could covert over into a format that the Droid handles; which is just an extremely long file filled with Macromedia Flash frames we could export out). So ok, we just unzipped our flies and revealed that making these cool bootanimation files is just that simple and that anyone can do it. My friend Douglas B. has even mentioned that he will create his own boot animation file - from scratch - that will look alot like Unstable, but with a few changes, of course, and will be called Unstable Core 1.2. Don't know when he plans on releasing that one, so looks like even myself will be waiting on that release. For now, i've been getting so many compliments on 1.1, it's ridiculous!!

So here you go guys. Go visit CFAS Online: Coulter's FineArt Store - Where Art Comes To Life, click on the link "Our Business," and you should be there - Unstable Core should be at your bottom-left. There's a neat little article there for your interest, but the rest of the page is simply under development for other cool stuff. Excuse the beauty produces stuff; we're re-doing the template.

Let me know what you think when you have it loaded up. And again, thank you for coming to my first post on droidforum.net and for being so patient.

P.S. If anyone has a great camera and some time on there hands, please fill free to post a video here of what this file looks like running on the Droid. Looks like my trusty DVD Camera is on its last. Let me know when you've uploaded it. Thanks.
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. MrMan

MrMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think it looks cool, would like to see it in motion
  3. dmt316

dmt316 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1:icon_ banana:dancedroid
  4. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    I'm interested in taking a look
  5. compsci04

compsci04 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In more details of this bootanimation.zip file, which i think is way-cooler than the idea of the Arc Reactor, it is a titanium solid ball, with regenerating circuits moving on its surface as it rotates, a gasous plasma stream of smoke or fluid gives it energy as it rotates in the center of a Live Matrix, pulsating circuit board with an atmospheric ligthening storm surrounding the ball. I've played these frames in flash and it looks cool - the images attached above speak for themselves. Anyone interested?
  6. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks good, I would try it...

Where did you get the 32g SD card????
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +840
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    great looking boot animation compsci.....

I think there will be a definite interest in this one.

Welcome to the forums and GREAT job
  8. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sign me up!! I'm definitely interested in trying the final product.
  9. mcsinfl

mcsinfl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    interested
  10. littlerick

littlerick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm interested
  11. GDO7

GDO7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im in on this one
  12. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm here for the bootani! looks like a job well done so far!
  13. jmackxiii

jmackxiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 it looks sick
  14. compsci04

compsci04 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, i'm impressed with all the comments i'm getting. And this was only supose to be my first forum post. Thanks guys. And since most of the responses i'm getting is from people who are intesested in seeing it in live motion, well, i now have a live .mov file running at youtube that demostrates the magic you'll see on your phone's boot loadup. I haven't gotten a chance to go home and format it for the Moto. Droid yet, but after 5pm today i should be getting started. If any of you are not familiar yet with how to change your boot animation then head on over to Droid-Life.com and do a search.

Here's the link to my youtube page. The video is in medium resolution because i haven't imported into fireworks yet; plus, its an expanded file so the quality did take a loss. I'm thinking the actual quality of the bootanimation.zip file i will send you guys will be much better. Take a look:

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  15. Chris1980

Chris1980 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely interested.:motdroidhoriz:
Search tags for this page

adb push bootanimation.zip

android boot animation gallery
boot animation
boot animation zip
boot animation.zip