Awesome app idea

cromo8

Reaction score
so just follow me on this, have you ever had your friend/ family member or whoever just borrow your phone and start messing around with it, looking at pictures or text messages, and its really annoying

well my app idea is an app that like when your phone is locked with thye security code or pattern(froyo) like you can set it to two different passwords or patterns, one is your login that has full access and the other is like a sub account kinda thing that restricts certain apps such as gallery and messages, but they can still make calls or play games

something to that extent

dhinged

Reaction score
so just follow me on this, have you ever had your friend/ family member or whoever just borrow your phone and start messing around with it, looking at pictures or text messages, and its really annoying

well my app idea is an app that like when your phone is locked with thye security code or pattern(froyo) like you can set it to two different passwords or patterns, one is your login that has full access and the other is like a sub account kinda thing that restricts certain apps such as gallery and messages, but they can still make calls or play games

something to that extent

That's a good idea.

tu3218

Reaction score
There is an app that allows you to keep someone looking at pictures an I believe there is also one that does the same for text messages.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
or you grow a set and tell people to quit messing around with your phone if you don't want them to....

my bro's g/f grabbed my phone and started snooping the text messages between the my brother and I.... I don't need an app to let her be absolutely clear to MIND HER OWN F'N BIZ..... she can play the jealousy card all she wants with my brother, and if he wants to live life that way, so be it.... but she is NOT to snoop my messages EVER again....

it's like that butterfinger commercial.....

[video=youtube;Rc_iMqZwHWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_iMqZwHWY]YouTube - Butterfinger Phone App: WINNER of the Nobody's Gonna Lay a Finger On My Butterfinger Video Contest![/video]

people think they got to have apps for everything that simple common sense will accomplish....

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
these nanny apps are ridiculous...

not needed by someone who makes their self clear the first time.

I have been snooped by a couple of people, it pisses me off just as much as the next person. One was my now-ex wife. Deleted an important contact off my phone because it was a pretty girl and wife was insecure. I didn't go rushing out to find some app I could secretly put on the phone to try and outsmart my wife who worked at Altell and was a lot more phone smart than me..... I was open and direct with her and told her she better NEVER go in my phone again.

There are $50 or so apps to stop your kids from texting while driving... not a bad idea. But instead of clearly stating the rules, and following through with consequences, (parenting 101), parents would rather try and outsmart their teen.

how about you take the phone away? Or since kids do need to at least have a phone with them while driving, give them a damn jitterbug. No kid of mine will openly defy me and STILL have a droid.

The ONLY exception I can see for needing to have an app lock is if you have info on there that is sensitive (client patient contact info, a teacher where they can get in trouble even if something bad is seen the first time)

to keep relatives/spouses/significant others from snooping?????? like I said, take control and make it clear.
I have no problems ending relationships with snooping going on because you are insecure.

ninjabox

Reaction score
Well im in college and I think that would be a great idea. I always have people like "You have a Droid, let me see it. You got any cool games." You show them, ten minuts later they're going through your pics and stuff. I think this would be a great idea. It would lock out your messages and pics/vids.