1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

awesome app idea! i think......

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dr01dm0dd3r, Jul 4, 2010.

1. dr01dm0dd3r

dr01dm0dd3r New Member

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had an app for droid, that could change the contrast, saturation, hue, and others. I think that would be a very useful app. There is a brightnedd control, but nothing else. Which brings me to my next point, is the droid even capable of this, not in a hardware sense, but a firmware sense or software sense. I hope I just made sense, because I'm not the keenest in this area but I think the droid is capable of it in a hardware sense as in the screen and stuff. What does the forum think?
  2. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ New Member

dr0idm0dd3r,

Being as I have never developed for the Android OS I cannot definitively say one way or the other whether or not this is possible. Considering that I do have many years of distributed programming with C/C++/Java I do feel I can contribute to the answer.

The short easy answer is no, it is not possible for an application to systematically control what you are suggesting.The only display device setting that is accessible is the brightness setting (to the best of my knowledge). Brightness settings can be controlled by using the Settings.System class, and the moreI think about it the more I think it's more there for fine tuning power management.

The longer answer though which I can't fully explore because of my lack of device specific experience here is ... probably. I am more than positive that if there isn't already access to this hidden away somewhere within the current drivers that it would be relatively easy to use the templates to compile a display driver with this support which you could then wrap around a nice friendly Java class.

I would think though that if it were easy and that if the display settings were accessible directly through the Android SDK that we would have already seen a dozen or more "Beautiful Display Widget"'s lol.
  3. iPirate

iPirate New Member

4. dr01dm0dd3r

dr01dm0dd3r New Member

Hmm...I see, thanks for taking time to answer, and I have come up with another idea, what if therfe was an app that would like re display whatever is displaying on the screen but through the app, and from there you can change the types of settings I was referring to in the beginning. Do you understand what I'm trying to convey here? Its like you have an app that has software that can understand what the device is trying to display, and intercept it, and re broadcast it or display it within the app, and then you can have that customizability I was talking about.
  5. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

What I'm seeing from this, is a UI for an app that has a GUI. Kind of like a how a WebUI displays a site, is that what you mean?

Seems to me an app in an app, would cause lagging and restrictions, but I don't know.
  6. dr01dm0dd3r

dr01dm0dd3r New Member

Exactly, from what I understood from that sentence...lol
Search tags for this page
adjust contrast on android
alter saturation on android display
android app for changing screen saturation

android application idea

android apps to increase saturation
android change saturation wallpaper

android color saturation

android screen contrast