Awesome ANDROID Robot/mascott figure USB Wall chargers FOUND!

D16

Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Says right in the listing....

DOES NOT WORK WITH MOTOROLA DROID (with sliding qwerty keyboard)!!!

jimbowattz

Reaction score
Says in fine print at the bottom "Does not work with the Moto Droid." That's crap. Pretty cool charger.

OP
D16

D16

Reaction score
It does work with motorola droid!

attention droid users!

this charger does work with the motorola droid! I just tested mine again with a different usb cable other than the (short as hell) one verizon gives you and it works! All i need to do is get a hold of a box of these usb cables and i will sell them with the chargers!

Next purchase i will use towards supporting d.f.!

Anticitizen

Reaction score
The stock Droid wall charger is a 850 milliamp charger - the Droid requires a lot of juice. Chargers that put out less (say 500-750 milliamps) may charge the phone, but not very quickly, and if you're using the phone heavily while charging it may actually lose battery power instead of gaining it. So while it might 'work' it might not *work*, if you get me. Just an FYI.

OP
D16

D16

Reaction score
Thanks MJ. It ships today. Now I can become a supported user when I get to a PC.

Sent from my IPhone Killer

OP
D16

D16

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows this charger works great on the Eris and incredible. My gf has been using hers for two months now with no issue. Same with my friends incredible. If u purchase please let me know what phone u are using.

Sent from my Droid using ESP

JimmyD

Reaction score
The stock Droid wall charger is a 850 milliamp charger - the Droid requires a lot of juice. Chargers that put out less (say 500-750 milliamps) may charge the phone, but not very quickly, and if you're using the phone heavily while charging it may actually lose battery power instead of gaining it. So while it might 'work' it might not *work*, if you get me. Just an FYI.

According to this Ebay auction from a different seller: Android USB wall charger Robot mascot androboy - eBay (item 300407484329 end time Jul-13-10 22:11:36 PDT)

...this charger has the following output specs: 5.0v 550mA

I'd love to buy one of these, but I think I'll wait to see if Motorola Droid owners have any of those "phantom processing" issues with this charger which have been reported with other cheaper low output chargers.

Anticitizen

Reaction score
Phantom processing? You mean when the screen goes haywire while plugged into an inadequate charger or low-amp USB port?

I wouldn't doubt it. There's a reason the seller would specify that it's not meant for the Droid.

It should be fine if you're just using it to charge the phone while it's in standby with the screen off, though it will take longer than the standard 850mA charger.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Subscribed

That is the ugliest charger I have ever seen

Unsubscribed