AVS Video Converter

mjs31

Reaction score
I really recommend downloading Handbrake for converting to Droid format. I tested many different converters and all had at least a partial issue with out of sync after you fast forward or reverse your movie. The only one that has never done that, was one recommend in another forum....Handbrake. It is not as pretty, but it is free and does an exceptional job for Droid conversions. It may have other issues, as all of them do, but for pure Droid conversion it cannot be beat IMHO.

In case you try it out...here are the settings I use and everyone is amazed at the quality on even the most action packed movies.

HandBrake setup (Ipod Legacy to start)

Picture settings tab
- Width/Height left blank in both fields
- Anamorphic - None
- Crop -Automatic

Video tab
- H.264 (x264)
- Framerate - Same as source
- Avg bitrate - 1000

Audtio Tab
- AAC - Stereo - 48 - 160

I also recommend a purchase of the Act 1 video player from the market. Just a great player...

Olivia

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I use handbrake for my iPhone. I can't wait to order my Droid next week so I'm glad you posted the specs to convert it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use ZC Video Converter.

It converts fast and works great. No lag in the videos and the audio/video are synced perfectly.

Jorakal

Reaction score
I use handbrake too. It works great. I set my height to 480. All other settings the same as mjs31.

The only thing I have a problem with are Geekbrief podcasts. They convert fine, but will not play on my phone. No idea why. All other podcasts I've converted from HD to small ones, DVDs all work. I get no errors from handbrake or any other converters. They just won't play.

acturbo

Reaction score
I use handbrake too. It works great. I set my height to 480. All other settings the same as mjs31.

The only thing I have a problem with are Geekbrief podcasts. They convert fine, but will not play on my phone. No idea why. All other podcasts I've converted from HD to small ones, DVDs all work. I get no errors from handbrake or any other converters. They just won't play.

I have attempted the settings you guys list for Handbrake but I get some sort of error about the query parser? Cant find any way around it, anyone have any ideas?

charlessmall18

Reaction score
AVS is the worst "demo" suite ever

AVS Media demo versions of software for file-format conversion insert an voice-over advertisement into converted audio files unless you pay their exorbitant registrations fee.

If this site had any integrity at all they would refuse AVS's ads.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
AVS Media demo versions of software for file-format conversion insert an voice-over advertisement into converted audio files unless you pay their exorbitant registrations fee.

There are a few choices out there. If you don't want to pay for software, get shareware.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

It's the same an image app inserting a watermark or any demo with any sort of limitation/restriction. Either pay up for find another free solution that suits your needs. This has nothing to do with AVS or DroidForums.net's integrity. :icon_rolleyes:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I bought the whole package of AVS software about a year ago. I dont have any issues with their software, I use it to convert my Sony HDcam .mkv files . I bought the unlimited lic for 49.99 I think. Ive used it to convert xvid etc to work on Droid.