Avoiding the Wrath of my Wife..... I hope....

Smythe

Reaction score
Ok so like most people, I come seeking knowledge...because, well.....I messed up my phone...lol

My D2G was rooted and I decided I wanted to install the gingerbread. Well...not so much...

My system states that there is an update available and every time I tried to install it....it would error out.

So i looked and I looked and found that I could SBF back to stock and then possibly install gingerbread...right.

Wrong...found the SBF I needed for the D2G and attempted to flash go the error message when it got to 99% for the ram check. and now it won't do a thing. The RSD Lite wont recognize the phone anymore and therefore I can not flash the phone anymore...???

I am gonna say this.....MY WIFE IS GONNA KILL ME!!! .... lol she hates that I mess with my elcetronics....lol sooooooo....

PS...simply telling me to search these forums has already been done....for hours ...trust me....

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....I would love to be able to use my phone once again....no luck at this point.....

PS: I have already been searching these forums for the last few hours...no luck

Last edited:

Norman

Reaction score
Mu best guess is buy one off craigslist and be sneaky. Im no expert like most on here but I think you bricked it :/

Sent from my rooted, overclocked, DROID2.. like a boss

OP
S

Smythe

Reaction score
After hours of searching I figured I would try the Linux Live CD ...and it worked flawlessly, will post a link to the thread with it when I get out of work....and for those interested....I did fess up to the wife...lol (all about the integrity....and good communication with the wife....hahahaha)

Ok for those that havent found it yet....HERE ..... is the little gem that will save you from the woes and troubles of facing the music

follow the directions on the page .... no reason for me to re-write the manual here ....enjoy....by far the EASIEST way to return the D2G to factory settings.....

Last edited:

Khiraji

Reaction score
Glad you got your phone working again!

It's actually rather difficult to truly "brick" an Android phone - it's possible, but you have to go several layers deeper than just restoring the OS and/or flashing ROMs. I think it's been done before (might remember reading a thread over on xda about it), but 99 times out of 100 there's a way back.