avi format.

wtfscrappiie

Reaction score
i am dieing to find out if droid can play avi formats. i wanna watch my final season of prison break on droid but dam im not sitting on my computer ever so yeaa. just wondering if its possible and if theres an app out there right now that works.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
i am dieing to find out if droid can play avi formats. i wanna watch my final season of prison break on droid but dam im not sitting on my computer ever so yeaa. just wondering if its possible and if theres an app out there right now that works.

Download the free version of DVD Catalyst.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
No just do a Google Search. You have to run it on your PC. After you install it, run it and add your avi file and select Motorola Droid for the video player device. Pretty simple program.

Once it completes the conversion, you will have to connect your Droid to the PC, mount and transfer the file(s)....obviously. You can then go to gallery and open the video with the default player.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Droid does not play AVI files..

These are the formats that the Droid plays.
AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI

D

dvdcatalyst

This was posted in a different thread.

I use the wuzhenhua player....it plays divx and avi.

Interesting.

Since you did not post a link to added info, I googled for it, and found the following

Wuzhenhua Player

The Wuzhenhua Player is rough around the edges. It doesn’t handle playback in landscape mode very well. And the program dialogs are all in Chinese. But it makes up for all of that with its support for a wide range of audio and video formats including:
4xm, 8bps, aac, ac3, eac3, amv, ape, dca, imc, alas, rm, rmvb, nuv, ptx, tta, wma, wmv, flic, flac, flv, g726, h261, h263, h264, mp1, mp2, mp3, mp4, smc, tmv, dvdsub, dvbsub

Update: There’s now an English language version. Or rather, a partially translated version that should be a little easier for English speakers to use. You can download it here. via xda-developers

xxcalibur

Reaction score

AAC, H.263, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB, AAC+, MIDI
ummm, yes droid does play avi....you just need the right program..yxflash plays them fine, too bad it costs $10

azazin

Reaction score
This was posted in a different thread.

I use the wuzhenhua player....it plays divx and avi.

Interesting.

Since you did not post a link to added info, I googled for it, and found the following

Wuzhenhua Player

The Wuzhenhua Player is rough around the edges. It doesn’t handle playback in landscape mode very well. And the program dialogs are all in Chinese. But it makes up for all of that with its support for a wide range of audio and video formats including:
4xm, 8bps, aac, ac3, eac3, amv, ape, dca, imc, alas, rm, rmvb, nuv, ptx, tta, wma, wmv, flic, flac, flv, g726, h261, h263, h264, mp1, mp2, mp3, mp4, smc, tmv, dvdsub, dvbsub

Update: There’s now an English language version. Or rather, a partially translated version that should be a little easier for English speakers to use. You can download it here. via xda-developers

That may be the semi-English version, but theres a new chinese version 4.1 of the player at
WuzhenhuaPlayer.apk ... at uploaded.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ...
It runs much more smoother and allows the ability of full screen mode in landscape.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

ummm, yes droid does play avi....you just need the right program..yxflash plays them fine, too bad it costs $10

I should of added that OOTB the Droid does not play AVI files.
Act 1 will play them and it's only $5.00

Not all apps are free.

tgrillot87

Reaction score
So I looked at both of the apps listed in the above post, yxflash, which has apparently been renamed yxplayer, and act 1 and in the comments of both of them people say they wish they played avi files. I just want to clarify that they actually do before I drop plastic on one of them. I want to play avi files. Not buy another media player when I can get one for free.

D

dvdcatalyst

So I looked at both of the apps listed in the above post, yxflash, which has apparently been renamed yxplayer, and act 1 and in the comments of both of them people say they wish they played avi files. I just want to clarify that they actually do before I drop plastic on one of them. I want to play avi files. Not buy another media player when I can get one for free.

Have you looked at the post before the last one you are referring to?

There is a free player (with a difficult name)that does play avi files.

Wuzhenhua Player