Avg?

ZBacks

Reaction score
I use this anti-virus program for my PC and like it. Does anyone have it installed on their phone? What are your thoughts?

doomer4life

Reaction score
Don't use it as of now antivirus Apps are relatively useless it will just be a battery and memory eater :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
I use Lookout Mobile myself. I noticed on the AVG for pc that it wasn't that great and a bit problematic. I've heard about 50/50 good bad on it for android, so it will just really end up being a personal preference. People say that antivirus is a memory/battery eater are correct, but there ARE also verified viruses and malware out there targeted at android devices. So better safe than sorry is what I'd say.

doomer4life

Reaction score
I know there are verified but there are also verified apple viruses and most people that own an apple never use antivirus protection and are fine I know I have my dx for awhile and had a d1 for quite awhile b4 that and have never had an antivirus app and have not had anything happen to me yet

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The key to staying virus/malware free is:

Be careful of where you browse, what you view and what you download/install. I have never in my life ran an always on anti virus on my windows machines and have never needed them. The pay-for anti viruses are a scam anyways (compared to some POWERFUL free programs), and are always too little too late.

As such, it is up to you. Just know that the one virus (i know of) that has been reported was in russia, and was neutralized. The malware apps have been found and removed from the market. Also an xda developer released a free app on the market called Droiddreamkiller that will stop those apps from installing the malware, by putting a dummy profiles file in your system.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there are verified but there are also verified apple viruses and most people that own an apple never use antivirus protection and are fine I know I have my dx for awhile and had a d1 for quite awhile b4 that and have never had an antivirus app and have not had anything happen to me yet

Really? Can you link me to some of these known apple viruses? Don't want to get off topic I've just never heard of and would like to see what you have,;cmll

Karen Arthur

Reaction score
I used this Antivirus for a while on my PC and mobile which is pretty good. I installed AVG 8.0 and it wouldn’t get updated even my PC got slow day by day. Now I am using Avira Antivirus and I am really happy with it. Would definitely recommend it to all.