Average voltage of custom kernels?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Nausicaa, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On CN1's ULV and P3's LV I get around 3.6 at best, 3.883 usually and 4.2 at maximum.

Just wondering what voltages everyone else is getting.
  2. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How do you show your voltage? Ive been wondering for a while the actual differences between ULV LV MV....
  3. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    this is kind of phone specific i think... it has to do with the kernel and batterystats.bin .. ive had a kernel installed and it was at 6456ma or what ever.... then i formatted data and reinstalled and it was at 3878 or something like that.

im just saying ive seen big differences with the same kernel and same clock speed
  4. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well mA is milliamps which is the amount of power it is drawing which would change at any given time depending on what your doing. I believe that voltage would stay alot closer to a static number.
  5. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used two programs, Battery Indicator Pro, Battery Snap, they both show it.
  6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you guys want to really tear into this, we have been discussing the Milestone Overclock in the CM forum here. Basically it is a way to set your speed slot and accompanying voltage, through what is called a vsel setting. But as was posted above, I would think it would be tough to get a value for actual consumption at any point in time, as in the analogy, voltage is the size of the water pipe, amps is the amount of water flowing through the pipe. If you were using a program, then switched over to another program to look a reported battery voltage, then you would indeed get a static value of what the battery has left for voltage.

perhaps these other programs do have some way of reporting amps while the phone is doing stuff, but I would think at a minimum it would have to be a value sitting in your notification bar. Or an amp meter on your battery contacts:)

Craig
  7. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The numbers you are giving are BATTERY voltage, the kernels that are labeled ULV etc. are talking about SOC/CPU voltage. These are completely different. I absolutely guarantee that no one is running a 45nm or 65nm ARM processor at more than 1.7 volts, 3.x volts is completely out of the question.

I asked this question of Taz (the dev who first figured out how to o/c the droid) way back in the day on Alldroid and he said that there are no concrete, publishable voltages, the voltage for modern SOCs is too dynamic to give a single number. But I will tell you right now that these ARM SOCs are running at somewhere around 1.0v. exactly what I can't say.
Search tags for this page

voltage average android