Available Memory ?

GatorDroid

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been explained, but I couldn't find it. Can someone effectively explain the meaning of the different groups of numbers a the bottom of the running services menu:
For Instance: my droid currently shows (Avail: 11MB + 46MB in 8 ----Other: 56 in 3). It's been on all day, and if I Power down and back up they change to (Avail: 16MB + 73MB in 27------Other 43MB in 3).

A.C.Sanchez

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been explained, but I couldn't find it. Can someone effectively explain the meaning of the different groups of numbers a the bottom of the running services menu:
For Instance: my droid currently shows (Avail: 11MB + 46MB in 8 ----Other: 56 in 3). It's been on all day, and if I Power down and back up they change to (Avail: 16MB + 73MB in 27------Other 43MB in 3).

I think that this means you have 11MB totally free, 46MB being used in the background by apps that can be used by apps you subsequently open up, and 56MB being used by system processes that can't be freed.

This, however, is just my interpretation, and there's about a 71% chance that I'm way off.