Availability

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I was at Verizon this evening and it is my understanding that the NE2 IS the $100 discount. You don't get that AND another $100 mail in. The instant discount will be available if you order it from Verizonwireless.com. Best Buy cannot honor the NE2 as a third party retailer (went there too.)

Somethings not right with what you were told, according to everything posted everwhere, the rebate is in most cases a $100 debit card that is going to be given to everyone purchasing in store, new customer or old, nothing to do with NE2. Now if they are not going to honor NE2 on top of that, that would be very poor business and a sure recipe for disaster.

I Totally Agree !! If this were true, what good is it being a loyal VZW customer. Earning the NE2. I would think they need to honor the NE2 and give the 100.00 discount they would give a new potential customer to us too.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is completely how it is. The 100 is not the NE2 discount. It will come in the form of a debit card, but if you order it online or at BB they just give it to you instantly instead of the debit card. the NE2 is another 100 on top of that. if they could give you the instant rebate in the VZW store and the NE2 you'd walk out with a 100 dollar phone.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
That is completely how it is. The 100 is not the NE2 discount. It will come in the form of a debit card, but if you order it online or at BB they just give it to you instantly instead of the debit card. the NE2 is another 100 on top of that. if they could give you the instant rebate in the VZW store and the NE2 you'd walk out with a 100 dollar phone.

And one HUGE ass smile. :D

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i'm not quite sure why VZW is doing a debit card system as the 100 form, seeing as the two other ways of getting it right now, online and BB, both are doing it instantly. The only advantage VZW stores have is the NE2 program. I guess they think if they give you a card you might just want to purchase the accessories with it.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

This is how I thought it was suppose to be myself.

Naut Human

Reaction score
Might be a question to ask on another thread here, but...

I am coming from another carrier (t-mobile) and I am sort of confused how this would work for me personally. Would I have to pay $300 in the Verizon Wireless store and they would port my number over from T-Mobile?

Is the only way to get the rebate via mail? Wish they would give an instant rebate in the VZW store like what best buy does. Any detailed info would be great.

Feel kinda dumb asking, but I am new to this.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am coming from another carrier (t-mobile) and I am sort of confused how this would work for me personally. Would I have to pay $300 in the Verizon Wireless store and they would port my number over from T-Mobile?

Is the only way to get the rebate via mail? Wish they would give an instant rebate in the VZW store like what best buy does. Any detailed info would be great.

don't feel dumb, i don't know the answer either. i DO know if you go to the VZW store, you will get the mail-in rebate. but i DON'T know if you can get them to port your number over from t-mobile at best buy. i would call and ask.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yes don't feel dumb. Yes if you went into the verizon store you would be paying 300 to walk out with it, and a 100 dollar debit card. If you get it at best buy or do it online, you will get it for 200 just without the debit card. They should be able to port your number over, you just have to let them know that. Might be alittle more time with the sales rep, which shouldn't be a problem, esp if your going to a BB. Everytime i've ever had to deal with a rep at a BB about mobile stuff, usually very nice.

Naut Human

Reaction score
Thanks New and Sam, I have a decision to make it sounds. I have a Droid being held for me at my local Verizon store, but I may go with BB if I can walk out spending $200 instead of $300.

Any info on the pro's and con's for both stores? Which would you recommend?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks New and Sam, I have a decision to make it sounds. I have a Droid being held for me at my local Verizon store, but I may go with BB if I can walk out spending $200 instead of $300.

Just call up your local store and see if they would honor an instant off, doesn't hurt to ask them.

lauriep

Reaction score
In this case, I very much hope I was given bad info! $100 phone would make me very,very happy!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i don't like verizon's sign in screens. but as far as customer service, i like them both. i would just go with best buy to save the $100 instantly. BUT if you have a new every two discount available, make sure your local best buy store is accepting the new every two discount. mine is not, but some have confirmed that their store is accepting it. if you have one available and your verizon store will give you another $100 off for new every two, then that, good sir, is a $99 phone.

mjs31

Reaction score
So any new updates on in store availability? I don't feel there will be an issue at mine, but still curious. I see where my small store will open at 7am Friday to let me in first :icon_ banana: