Availability

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Zippster, Oct 29, 2009.

1. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

yeah that's why i am trying to just do it at the verizon store then.
  2. garyll

garyll New Member

The Verizon store by me had some non-working demos avaiable to look at. I got to feel the weight and size and how the slider works, although the keyboard was fake so couldn't try it out. It does feel a bit odd compared to most phones I've had but I'm still excited about getting it. I will be in line at a store a little further away because they are rarely busy there and I figure less people will be in line.
  3. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Gotta love us small towns. My local VZ was a former Alltel and people in this town probably have no idea what a Droid is. I remember arriving early to get my BB Tour and they were kind of laughing. Turns out I was the only one that bought one that day. I don't think they ever sold all 8 that they had.
  4. Zippster

Zippster Member

The CSR I talked to on the phone to clear up some NE2 issues I was having was quite excited about this phone, probably spent 30 minutes talking to her about it. She was saying that she just had to give her demo back and was really disappointed about having to do so, seems they gave most CSR's a demo to use temporarily to get accustomed to so they could answer upcoming questions. She said she absolutely LOVED it and that it was a bit heavier then she expected due to the changeable battery but that she liked it because with the extra weight it was less apt to bounce out of your pockets.
  5. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Yeah VZW CSR have to get alot of training on the units. Yeah I don't mind heavier phones, unlike apparently most people.
  6. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

i'm with New on this one.. i like to know i haven't lost it. i know every time i feel like i've misplaced it, my heart drops a little, and i hate that feeling. bigger/heavier phones FTW
  7. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

Being able to use my NE2 will be great, it will make up for the cost of buying all the accessories I want for the Droid. Heck, I Spend enough every month with Verizon, they should just give it to me :D
    I should be at the TOP of the VIP chain. :rolleyes:

Now hopefully, they planned ahead to have enough Accessories as well as Droids on hand to keep all of the excited people that will be showing up on the 6th.

The Storm debut last year was a joke, they had hardly anything in stock. But they did have all the pretty pictures to tease you with of what THEY Didn't have.
  8. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Yeah I would imagine esp the desk setup and the car holder for sure should have good numbers in the stores.
  9. lauriep

lauriep New Member

I was at Verizon this evening and it is my understanding that the NE2 IS the $100 discount. You don't get that AND another $100 mail in. The instant discount will be available if you order it from Verizonwireless.com. Best Buy cannot honor the NE2 as a third party retailer (went there too.)
  10. Zippster

Zippster Member

Somethings not right with what you were told, according to everything posted everwhere, the rebate is in most cases a $100 debit card that is going to be given to everyone purchasing in store, new customer or old, nothing to do with NE2. Now if they are not going to honor NE2 on top of that, that would be very poor business and a sure recipe for disaster.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  11. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

I Totally Agree !! If this were true, what good is it being a loyal VZW customer. Earning the NE2. I would think they need to honor the NE2 and give the 100.00 discount they would give a new potential customer to us too.
  12. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

That is completely how it is. The 100 is not the NE2 discount. It will come in the form of a debit card, but if you order it online or at BB they just give it to you instantly instead of the debit card. the NE2 is another 100 on top of that. if they could give you the instant rebate in the VZW store and the NE2 you'd walk out with a 100 dollar phone.
  13. Zippster

Zippster Member

And one HUGE ass smile. :D
  14. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Yeah i'm not quite sure why VZW is doing a debit card system as the 100 form, seeing as the two other ways of getting it right now, online and BB, both are doing it instantly. The only advantage VZW stores have is the NE2 program. I guess they think if they give you a card you might just want to purchase the accessories with it.
  15. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

This is how I thought it was suppose to be myself.
  16. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Unless it has been changed since I last heard, that is how it is.
  17. Naut Human

Naut Human New Member

Might be a question to ask on another thread here, but...

I am coming from another carrier (t-mobile) and I am sort of confused how this would work for me personally. Would I have to pay $300 in the Verizon Wireless store and they would port my number over from T-Mobile?

Is the only way to get the rebate via mail? Wish they would give an instant rebate in the VZW store like what best buy does. Any detailed info would be great.

Feel kinda dumb asking, but I am new to this.
  18. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

don't feel dumb, i don't know the answer either. i DO know if you go to the VZW store, you will get the mail-in rebate. but i DON'T know if you can get them to port your number over from t-mobile at best buy. i would call and ask.
  19. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

Yes don't feel dumb. Yes if you went into the verizon store you would be paying 300 to walk out with it, and a 100 dollar debit card. If you get it at best buy or do it online, you will get it for 200 just without the debit card. They should be able to port your number over, you just have to let them know that. Might be alittle more time with the sales rep, which shouldn't be a problem, esp if your going to a BB. Everytime i've ever had to deal with a rep at a BB about mobile stuff, usually very nice.
  20. Naut Human

Naut Human New Member

Thanks New and Sam, I have a decision to make it sounds. I have a Droid being held for me at my local Verizon store, but I may go with BB if I can walk out spending $200 instead of $300.

Any info on the pro's and con's for both stores? Which would you recommend?