Availability

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry i ment to say that was through verizon's website. it's not pre-order, the storm 2 is already out.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
Any concrete evidence on what the new every 2 discount is going to be on the droid? Just gave my BB a call and they are taking the preorders plus instantly discounting the mail in vs screwing around paying and waiting for the Visa, if its not much, worth it to get it from BB and be out less money up front.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
all new every 2 discounts are always 100 now i believe. I think they changed it awhile back. (not 100% sure on it, just remember reading it somewhere) so it should take another 100 off the price. so if BB would honor that i would buy it there instantly.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
As I stated in another post, they told me today at Verizon store that I will be getting the New Every Two discount for 100 bucks. The only thing is that I didn't ask how that will be applied. Guess it doesn't really matter. Second phone will not get the discount. Sucks.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so $100 mail-in (or however you do it, depending on where you get the phone from) AND new every two $100 discount should put you at $99 right? that would be sweet....

garyll

Reaction score
The Verizon store by me had some non-working demos avaiable to look at. I got to feel the weight and size and how the slider works, although the keyboard was fake so couldn't try it out. It does feel a bit odd compared to most phones I've had but I'm still excited about getting it. I will be in line at a store a little further away because they are rarely busy there and I figure less people will be in line.

mjs31

Reaction score
Gotta love us small towns. My local VZ was a former Alltel and people in this town probably have no idea what a Droid is. I remember arriving early to get my BB Tour and they were kind of laughing. Turns out I was the only one that bought one that day. I don't think they ever sold all 8 that they had.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
The Verizon store by me had some non-working demos avaiable to look at. I got to feel the weight and size and how the slider works, although the keyboard was fake so couldn't try it out. It does feel a bit odd compared to most phones I've had but I'm still excited about getting it.

The CSR I talked to on the phone to clear up some NE2 issues I was having was quite excited about this phone, probably spent 30 minutes talking to her about it. She was saying that she just had to give her demo back and was really disappointed about having to do so, seems they gave most CSR's a demo to use temporarily to get accustomed to so they could answer upcoming questions. She said she absolutely LOVED it and that it was a bit heavier then she expected due to the changeable battery but that she liked it because with the extra weight it was less apt to bounce out of your pockets.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah VZW CSR have to get alot of training on the units. Yeah I don't mind heavier phones, unlike apparently most people.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm with New on this one.. i like to know i haven't lost it. i know every time i feel like i've misplaced it, my heart drops a little, and i hate that feeling. bigger/heavier phones FTW

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Being able to use my NE2 will be great, it will make up for the cost of buying all the accessories I want for the Droid. Heck, I Spend enough every month with Verizon, they should just give it to me :D
I should be at the TOP of the VIP chain. :rolleyes:

Now hopefully, they planned ahead to have enough Accessories as well as Droids on hand to keep all of the excited people that will be showing up on the 6th.

The Storm debut last year was a joke, they had hardly anything in stock. But they did have all the pretty pictures to tease you with of what THEY Didn't have.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I would imagine esp the desk setup and the car holder for sure should have good numbers in the stores.

lauriep

Reaction score
I was at Verizon this evening and it is my understanding that the NE2 IS the $100 discount. You don't get that AND another $100 mail in. The instant discount will be available if you order it from Verizonwireless.com. Best Buy cannot honor the NE2 as a third party retailer (went there too.)

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
I was at Verizon this evening and it is my understanding that the NE2 IS the $100 discount. You don't get that AND another $100 mail in. The instant discount will be available if you order it from Verizonwireless.com. Best Buy cannot honor the NE2 as a third party retailer (went there too.)

Somethings not right with what you were told, according to everything posted everwhere, the rebate is in most cases a $100 debit card that is going to be given to everyone purchasing in store, new customer or old, nothing to do with NE2. Now if they are not going to honor NE2 on top of that, that would be very poor business and a sure recipe for disaster.

Last edited: