Aux Jack?

tfotos

Reaction score
I used to be able to plug my D1 into my radio via aux jack and when I got a call I could just talk and people would hear me. With my fascinate it doesnt work. I can hear them but they cant hear me. Is there a fix for this or must I go get a BT for my radio?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

C

crazins

uh to be honest im not even sure how that worked with your og droid. does your car have some sort of built in microphone or were you just hitting the speaker button during calls on the droid? I need a little more info here. if you dont have a built in microphone for your car and its not working, it may just be the phone, in which case, yea, you need a BT device. have you tried playing with the call settings at all?

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
I never had to hit the speaker button. I would just plug the aux jack in. I would hear people through my speakers and I just spoke as if I had blue tooth hooked up. It was nice. It seems my friends who have other droid devices are able to do the same thing. Is it only the fascinate that is crippled?

C

crazins

I never had to hit the speaker button. I would just plug the aux jack in. I would hear people through my speakers and I just spoke as if I had blue tooth hooked up. It was nice. It seems my friends who have other droid devices are able to do the same thing. Is it only the fascinate that is crippled?

honestly ive never heard of a droid doing that before. I have the og droid and when I listen to music on it in my car, i have to unplug it to talk to people if i get a call. but you never told me if your car has the microphone or if your using the mic on the droid. basically i just want to know if your talking directly to your droid (which seems like what your describing) or if your car has a microphone that for some reason doesnt want to cooperate with the facinate. I dont have a facinate so I cant really tell you for sure or not if others work like the og droid in cars. maybe you want to call a verizon rep and ask?

Smartypants

Reaction score
My understanding & experience is that when anything is plugged into the headphone jack besides a wired mic headset, the mic is cut off on the Fascinate using 2.1. Later versions may have fixed this "feature".

Sent from my SCH-I500 blah blah blah

Mefloump

Reaction score
My wife and I are both running sc2.9.1 and when either of us plugs into the headphone jack in the car and a call comes in, we can hear them over the car speakers and they can hear us just fine. No tweaks needed.

Sent from my SCH-I500

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
My understanding & experience is that when anything is plugged into the headphone jack besides a wired mic headset, the mic is cut off on the Fascinate using 2.1. Later versions may have fixed this "feature".

Sent from my SCH-I500 blah blah blah

Oh I gotcha...2.1 is crippling me. I may go SC 2.9.2 again.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Yeah, i can get and make calls through my radio, no settings changed or anything... i thought i was doing it back on 2.1 also, but i could be wrong

sent from a Superclean, Honeycomb, Voodoo Fascinate

Gypsy Mama

Reaction score
I'm running 2.1 and when I am plugged into my car radio I can answer calls and we can both hear each other. And no I don't have a mic or anything, just a crappy ford...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
Yep. I had to update my phone. Once I did that the phone worked like my D1 used to. Its a nice feature that I couldn't live without. It's nice having both hands free while I am driving.