Autotext (like Blackberry) app?

paul.r

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that will allow for auto text (I type in an abbreviation, it automatically converts to a word or phrase) similar to what the Blackberry offers. I see that there is Smart Keyboard Pro which seems to do this but is aimed at devices that do not have a physical keyboard. Is there something that will bring this functionality to the Pro?

OP
P

paul.r

Reaction score
Looks nice, but this scares the hell out of me:

This input method may be able to collect all the text you type, including personal data like passwords and credit card numbers. It comes from the application FireKeys FREE Keyboards. Use this input method?

spydergirl

Reaction score
Does this app work well on the Pro? I was reading some reviews on the app (appbrain.com) and it sounds like it is aimed at the touch keyboard style, not the physical keyboard like on the Pro (or D2). But maybe I'm wrong. Otherwise, it definitely looks / sounds interesting and I'm curious about trying it out. Thanks for sharing. :)

RevivaL

Reaction score
I'm in love with this keyboard. I never used the keyboard on my og droid, I really didn't like having it. My phone before that was a pantech slate, damn did I love that phone. This reminds me so much of it, and I type so fast on this compared to the touch screen on my d1

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

akosnitzky

Reaction score
Does this app work well on the Pro? I was reading some reviews on the app (appbrain.com) and it sounds like it is aimed at the touch keyboard style, not the physical keyboard like on the Pro (or D2). But maybe I'm wrong. Otherwise, it definitely looks / sounds interesting and I'm curious about trying it out. Thanks for sharing. :)

Yes. It works great on physical keyboard as I am using the Pro