autostarts question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by p0rk burn, Dec 11, 2009.

1. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

I successfully rooted my Droid today but not with the superuser app (frankly I'm a little unclear on the distinction). I want to modify the autostart programs and I know renaming them is an option, but people have mentioned using the Autostart app. Pardon my noobness, but is this the Autostart app that requires creating the script file? Could someone help me out with what the basic commands are to create that script, or point me in the right direction?

I'm extremely interested in learning, but I don't quite know where to start. Thanks!
  2. freeloader

freeloader Guest

I suggest rooting w/ the superuser app. Better security. Let's you control what apps have access to root.
    Autostarts software (available on the market) allows you to modify the programs that start up on boot. Or many other instances. No scripting required. However, I must warn it is a bit buggy for some people on the droid. (I had trouble with it too)
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

4. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

Thanks Freeloader and Bear. I rerooted with the superuser patch so I'm good to go on that. As far as apps accessing root, there are only two I've seen so far. One is the terminal, but the other pops up first thing after the phone loads upon reboot. Is this something to do with the root hack? Is there a list somewhere of the App numbers and what they belong to?

I'm still thinking about the autostart prog, but I'll probably rename them .baks instead. Thanks again for the advice and the link.
Search tags for this page

autostarts