1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Autostarts and Root question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hobby31, Dec 19, 2009.

1. hobby31

hobby31 Member

I have rooted my droid. I'm fairly versed and comfortable with the command line in linux and rooted my g1 so i'm comfortable with the process and am "pretty sure" I did it correctly. I downloaded terminal emulator and when I type "su" I get the message "su: access granted, courtesey of www.magicandroidapps.com" and the # sign after. Now, I've downloaded the program "autostarts" and when I try and disable a program from starting it tells me it cant and possible reason is I don't have root. When I look in the market at peoples comment on the app they say its working on droid with root. I also have "adfree android" installed and it's working fine which also requires root. Is anyone else having problems with autostarts? any ideals as what to try? maybe a reinstall? Thanks
  2. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

if im not mistaken you got one of the earlier versions which was root via adb terminal. try this one courtesy of boostdscoobs thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...planation-links-gathered-into-one-thread.html rename to update.zip (or update if your on vista/7) this version I use myself id full root access and will prompt you to allow deny and to remember selection which is reversable if u goof, good luck lemme know how it turns out for you
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. hobby31

hobby31 Member

Thanks tdawg5480. That did it. Yes, I rooted it the same day it was available. Autostarts works fine now. Thanks.
  4. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

glad to hear enjoy
Search tags for this page
android autostarts error
android autostarts root
autostart root denied superuser
autostarts does not get root

autostarts root access

autostarts root access help
root access autostart