Automatically connect to wifi in ur house

R1Lover

Reaction score
You'll be lucky if you get your Wifi to connect at all. From my experience and several others as well, using wifi on your droid from home is completely useless. I will either get stuck searching for an IP address, or simply error. This is a common problem with the droid, that will hopefully be rectified when 2.1 hits OTA.

As others have stated mine works great.. maybe you have a problem.

jasonb

Reaction score
You'll be lucky if you get your Wifi to connect at all. From my experience and several others as well, using wifi on your droid from home is completely useless. I will either get stuck searching for an IP address, or simply error. This is a common problem with the droid, that will hopefully be rectified when 2.1 hits OTA.

what kind of router do you have? the Droid does not get along well with N band routers. if you have an N band router you'll have to set it to G (54Mbps) instead of N.

i had just bought a NetGear WNDR3300 dual band router and had it set to 270Mbps, and the droid did not like it. it would load a page or two and then stop working. i called NetGear and they told me to back it down to 54Mbps and ever since then it has been 100% problem free.

cisco0910

Reaction score
Absolutely no probloem here between the three networks I jump around in. Like I leave wife enabled then as soon as I walk in my girlfriends house and I look on my phone it shows I'm connected without having to do a thing.

On the op, locale is an option. It can set your settings depending on your location by using gps. Like u can set different ringtones, vibrate, wifi enabled, etc.. depending on your location. Its $10 in the market though. I have it but don't use it

jasonb

Reaction score
Absolutely no probloem here between the three networks I jump around in. Like I leave wife enabled then as soon as I walk in my girlfriends house and I look on my phone it shows I'm connected without having to do a thing.

On the op, locale is an option. It can set your settings depending on your location by using gps. Like u can set different ringtones, vibrate, wifi enabled, etc.. depending on your location. Its $10 in the market though. I have it but don't use it

locale will probably drain your battery pretty good since it uses GPS. GPS is the biggest battery eater on the phone, well except maybe for the display.

R1Lover

Reaction score

locale will probably drain your battery pretty good since it uses GPS. GPS is the biggest battery eater on the phone, well except maybe for the display.

I use it and notice no difference.... but it might be different for others.

x25064

Reaction score
I searched the problem with google (ex. "Droid wifi home network") and the results I found on othe forums match up exactly to what I have been experiencing. I believe the router is a Linksys. I'm not sure about "n-band" and "g-band" in terms of routers, could you clarify that, or better yet PM me?

Sorry to OP don't mean to sabotage.

jasonb

Reaction score
I searched the problem with google (ex. "Droid wifi home network") and the results I found on othe forums match up exactly to what I have been experiencing. I believe the router is a Linksys. I'm not sure about "n-band" and "g-band" in terms of routers, could you clarify that, or better yet PM me?

Sorry to OP don't mean to sabotage.

what model is your router? that's the first question. if it's a G, then i have no idea what the problem would be. if it's an N, then you'll probably need to set it back to 54Mbps instead.

Coop1969

Reaction score

what kind of router do you have? the Droid does not get along well with N band routers. if you have an N band router you'll have to set it to G (54Mbps) instead of N.

i had just bought a NetGear WNDR3300 dual band router and had it set to 270Mbps, and the droid did not like it. it would load a page or two and then stop working. i called NetGear and they told me to back it down to 54Mbps and ever since then it has been 100% problem free.

Not to disagree with what you are saying, but my Droid connects flawlessly to both my Belkin N router at home and my girlfriend's Apple Airport Express N router at her house.

kristoff125

Reaction score
For the OP, I'd download Wefi, it's an app that looks for open networks and connects to the best one, also connects to any you have saved, much friendlier interface than the standard wifi settings, but I don't get why a speed test on my phone only gets to 5.5 mbps and on my wifi connected laptop it gets to 20.

jasonb

Reaction score

Not to disagree with what you are saying, but my Droid connects flawlessly to both my Belkin N router at home and my girlfriend's Apple Airport Express N router at her house.

ok, mine connects to my N band netgear router as well. but it's only connecting at 54mbps, so is yours. the droid will still work with an N band router, i wasn't saying it won't.

Technoman

Reaction score

I would think that if you leave "WIFE" enabled, and walk into your "GIRLFRIENDS" house there would be some major alarm going off, your Droid ringing, and explosions everywhere.
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For the OP, I'd download Wefi, it's an app that looks for open networks and connects to the best one, also connects to any you have saved, much friendlier interface than the standard wifi settings, but I don't get why a speed test on my phone only gets to 5.5 mbps and on my wifi connected laptop it gets to 20.

WeFi is what I use as well - it used to have a couple of minor issues, but is great since the last update!