Automatically Change All Of Your Passwords With Dashlane

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

With password security breaches happening regularly you probably get pretty annoyed with changing all your passwords just as regularly. Last year alone a target breach put 75million passwords at risk, an ebay breach put 145million passwords at risk, and the heartbleed attack was so wide spread that there is no way of knowing how many passwords are at risk. You could spend the rest of your day following a breach changing passwords one by one or you could use the upcoming password changer by dashlane to change all of your online passwords at once! Head to the link below for more information and to register for email updates on this awesome new password manager.

via Dashlane

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I've had a lot of customers recommend Dashlane to me and I'm tempted. Although I have an insane memory and remember the most ridiculous passwords.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That cost though... c'mon man!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I'm assuming this stores your passwords for you so that it can do the work of changing them? Do you then log in to them through it?

Because, if they've got records of your passwords...and they get hacked...Hello REALLY bad day.

I know Last Pass encrypts the info so they don't have access to your plain text passwords on their end, but I prefer a local solution. Last Pass also has a password generator, which you can use to make up ridiculously complicated and secure passwords (it offers one-click login) manually for each site.

I use mSecure on my phone. It can be synced with Dropbox for easy transferring, but I don't associate any web addresses with the login information I store there and I use awkward abbreviations and other codes to label what service the login info is for.

Icculus760

Reaction score
So, I'm assuming this stores your passwords for you so that it can do the work of changing them? Do you then log in to them through it?

Because, if they've got records of your passwords...and they get hacked...Hello REALLY bad day.

I know Last Pass encrypts the info so they don't have access to your plain text passwords on their end, but I prefer a local solution. Last Pass also has a password generator, which you can use to make up ridiculously complicated and secure passwords (it offers one-click login) manually for each site.

I use mSecure on my phone....

It does store all your passwords, and it's encrypted too. You access your passwords using a Master p/w for Dashlane, and if I remember correctly, the master password is not stored anywhere accessible for a hacker to try and reveal.

Dashlane also has the one-click random password generator and even a zero-click auto-login feature (can turn on or off for each website and the user can stop the log-in with a double-click too).

Dashlane has a chrome extension (works in Incognito mode), an iphone & android application, an android browser (auto-login) and an android keyboard (auto-login). I'm not sure what else they have on the iphone/apple side of things as I don't own any apple devices.

If you pay for it, Dashlane will auto-sync your passwords across devices.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It does store all your passwords, and it's encrypted too. You access your passwords using a Master p/w for Dashlane, and if I remember correctly, the master password is not stored anywhere accessible for a hacker to try and reveal.

Dashlane also has the one-click random password generator and even a zero-click auto-login feature (can turn on or off for each website and the user can stop the log-in with a double-click too).

Dashlane has a chrome extension (works in Incognito mode), an iphone & android application, an android browser (auto-login) and an android keyboard (auto-login). I'm not sure what else they have on the iphone/apple side of things as I don't own any apple devices.

If you pay for it, Dashlane will auto-sync your passwords across devices.

Thanks for the info! Sounds to me like it's just about the same thing as Last Pass with the exception of the automatic password changing function. Last Pass has pretty much everything you mentioned there. Although, I had issues with it asking for my PIN code again when I wasn't trying to log in to anything on my android phone and then it started to fail to popup and fill in login info, so I've been using it as a PC only utility since the Chrome extension works flawlessly.

Options are good and if this gets people to change their passwords more frequently, that's awesome. Set that sucker to change your password daily on every site you use and make the master password a ridiculously long passphrase (really the way to go with any password. Easier to remember and harder to figure out.) and allow the program to log you in to each site automatically or with one click. Convenient and more secure than keeping the same password for everything for years.