Automatically boots into recovery

MelissaAnn

Reaction score
I recently had to use sbf to restore my phone after it was messed up loading a rom. I thought it was working fine but now if I try to reboot my phone or power it off while it is plugged in it automatically reboots into recovery mode. Is there any way to stop that from happening? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
M

MelissaAnn

Reaction score
Clockwork recovery. And before clockwork recovery if it was plugged in and I tried to reboot it would turn on and get stuck at the screen with the motorola logo and dual core underneath it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
Any chance?...

....we could get an answer to this please?
I cannot remember where where I read how mto set this up to happen intentionally - but - it was a mistake to do so - was wanting to 'calibrate my battery w/o downtime' ala zepRock - and now, its impossible to do:mad:

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
System recovery app> plug in phone> charge mode

Sent from my Android device.

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
not sure where to put this..

Went searching for the post; couldn't remember if i thanked you.. because- have had numerous other issues as well - tho i was able to get to the 'non-recovery w/ your help, the batt calibrate still not working-- aaand - that not the most problematic of problems-- cannot get connected to home wifi network... for a short time - after wiping and re instaling Liberty Gold --it worked!! - have since repeated same and now--no luck...also - plugging in to charge- almost always crashes me...

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
I think I've found it!

...and again - my apologies if this is in the wrong place- brain a bit fried---

perhaps i am using the wrong kernel? - i believe it is an atrix port 2.3.4 - 2.6.32.9-00003-gb6084d9
mqr374@nj05lnxdroid05 #2 ---- would knowing the baseband ver. and build # also help diagnose? my eyes are goin a bit buggy..aanyway - if this is the case - is there a way to put in the right kernel -w/o sbf? TBH has the P3 - but that goes from 2.2> - is there a zip file of the correct kernel only? an apk?? (<dunno if that's a really dumb ??)

thank you again J

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't flash the kernel partition unless it's via an official X2 update. In other words it's impossible to flash an atrix kernel.

Sent from my Android device.

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
well, what ever i did...

..i cannot get connected to my home network fer nuttin... at some point- i flashed ATRIX_NAVENDREOOB_nameless-series_Stock-4.5.91-2.3.4GB_DroidX2-port-v0.4.zip - and had me quite a rom- er- what ever -a boot animation that had a pulsing/glow red circle - and - I THINK - shortly after that loaded Liberty 3 gold.. not quite certain if the wifi was working on the afoementioned - - but pretty sure it was on liberty - for a brief time--way over my head, and it kinda feels nice...:) {we have a Zep; howzabout a FleetMac?} - till monday and i have to get back to work...
I did manage to find the kernels on xda the 2.3.4. naked and deodexed..the latter would not install [corrupt]

just tried something new(to me) -tried installing the kenrel and advance restoring only the cache and data from an earlier Liberty point that i thought may have been the 'one that worked'
no dice :-(

A variable (or 2 I've not mentioned, in case it has something to do w/ my woes--
I like/have been trying to always use Goexlaunch/calender/keyboard- and-- freeze car and moto dock - dern magnet in my hipholster messes w/ it
I'm not (totally) lazy -been workin hard at it/ moderate success for a noob- but i'd r e a l l y like to have a working LibGold w/ minimal steps (even if it means sbf.. do i have to go all the way back to 2.2?)
..and i have--still, i'm doing something wrong...

any chance sir you could walk/talk me through it?

JerseyFrankU

Reaction score
oh dude, my brain hurts..

was all excited - gave the iso a whirl- ..i don't even want to get into that-- RSDd the old fash way - directly to 2.3.4 - got 1 click root/super user in - getting an error i cannot get around w/ sys recov- Error running exec()> Command:[su -c, ./data/data/com.tenfar.a4.recovery/files/surunner.sh] Working Directory:null Environment:null tried dropping the apk in from puter- zipped and unzipped - downloaded it directly from web-- deleted it and put it back in several times,,,,
grrr - rescue me?