automatic txt messaging?

ChrisTopH

Reaction score
hey everybody. my names chris and i just signed up here. my girlfriend is always wanting me to txt her first at ridiculous times in the morning wen she wakes up and i was wondering if there would be an app or anything that would let u set a specific time and when it reaches that time it would automatically send the txt message u wrote out. as i highly doubt there is such a thing i thought it would be worth asking. and i really think it would be a good idea to keep her off my butt. i have the droid incredible if it even matters. thanks in advance.

BigK

Reaction score
You can do that with tasker. You can even set it up to do random responses. I have my Droid sending messages if it is in the car dock or if its in the desk dock and after 11:00pm. I was thinking about doing the same thing for my wife in the mornings to make sure she is awake.

EbE404

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Chris!

I teach some technology classes, and I always tell people, whenever you are presented with any kind of technical challenge, there are two questions you should always ask:

"Can I do this?"

Followed very closely by:

"Should I do this?"

The answer to one does not always equal the other. Yes, there are methods to do this, but, should you?

If you're receiving requests like this that you (and it seems everybody else here) deems unreasonable, and the phrase "keep her off my butt" is coming up, there might be other issues to address beyond automating text messages. ;)

I'm sure you didn't come here for relationship advice, but maybe forwarding this thread to her might help.

vstarx

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Chris!

I teach some technology classes, and I always tell people, whenever you are presented with any kind of technical challenge, there are two questions you should always ask:

"Can I do this?"

Followed very closely by:

"Should I do this?"

The answer to one does not always equal the other. Yes, there are methods to do this, but, should you?

If you're receiving requests like this that you (and it seems everybody else here) deems unreasonable, and the phrase "keep her off my butt" is coming up, there might be other issues to address beyond automating text messages. ;)

I'm sure you didn't come here for relationship advice, but maybe forwarding this thread to her might help.

good solid answer

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP poor you.
I send a Bible verse each morning to multiple people and many of the recipients are at work at 5 am so it would be nice to be able to set a time to send it so whether they get up at 4 or 7 they can read it prior to work. I'm not getting up at 0 dark thirty to send a text to anyone.
While I admire your willingness to please her don't lose yourself on the process.

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can do that with tasker. You can even set it up to do random responses. I have my Droid sending messages if it is in the car dock or if its in the desk dock and after 11:00pm. I was thinking about doing the same thing for my wife in the mornings to make sure she is awake.
Thanks for that. That's exactly what I was looking for and it does SO much more.I feel like day 1 on smartphones again with its huge learning curve but its much more fun on a Droid than a Windows phone

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
besides you have a droid ....what do you need a girlfriend for dancedroid

There are just so many responses that come to mind when I saw this statement. None of them would be appropriate for the Droid Forums however.