1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Automatic Rom Backup

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by OneTenderRebel, Jun 11, 2010.

1. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

I have searched to no avail and I have been on this forum long enough to be almost certain the answer to my question is no but it's worth asking anyway.

Is there anyway to make an automatic backup of your current rom? Something you could set like once a week or every other week just so we have a current backup. I always keep a nandroid available but if I find a rom I really like I tend to stick with it for a long time so I like to keep my backup current so it includes all the app updates or new apps I installed, stuff like that. Has anyone heard of something like this or has anyone tried working on this? It would be an amazing tool. A total luxury but amazing nonetheless.
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

Titanium Backup (DF subforum site), one of DF's supporting vendors here too btw

Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site

The free version will back up at set times, the paid version you get to set the times. If you have nandroid recovery file then your base rom is backed up and safe. This tool then will back up all your settings, apps, etc.
  3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

Using ROM Manager, you can get one-click access to backups. I don't know of any completely-automated ways. You need to reboot in order to get a good backup, so you wouldn't want the phone doing that on its own. You could potentially make a backup while the phone is running, but you might end up with an inconsistent backup if anything at all was changing while you were backing it up.

Perhaps /system can be backed up that way, since it is normally mounted r/o, but /system doesn't change unless you do something manually, so there's really no point in having an automated backup of that. /data is what you really want weekly backups of, I suspect.
  4. OneTenderRebel

Home screens and all that stuff too? I have mybackup pro which restores all my apps but I find that a lot of the times I have to change the settings again even though it says I backed up my settings.
  5. honda450r14

honda450r14 New Member

rom manager has an automatic backup option never tried it but i know its there in the settings menu
  6. OneTenderRebel

yep sure does. I always just assumed that, that meant it would auto backup your rom anytime you flashed a new one, haha see what happens when you assume things.

Thanks for the help guys. Simple answer to a dumb question but I wanted to ask anyway!
  7. christim

christim Super Moderator

Read through the list of features on their site: Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site

Maybe you're missing something on the mybackup pro. You can always contact the vendor for clarification on that is someone here can't assist. Check the applications subforum for any threads for that app too.
    MyBackup Pro: A ROM flashers lifesaver – Android and Me says restoring Android Home won't restore your widgets.
  8. dmacleo

dmacleo Moderator/RS Premium Member

rom manager scheduled backups works nice.
Search tags for this page

how to enable auto backup on android droid