Automatic Reboot?

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Fault, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know if Im the only one, but sometimes my phone gets pretty laggy and glitchy, and will either automatically reset itself, or I have to do it, or do a battery pull. Is there anyway to make an option to have the phone automatically reboot itself at a specified time? I normally forget to reboot it, and this causes a lot of problems. For example, took a photo the other day, phone crashed, and the data wasnt saved. I left where I was, and now cant get another photo for about 2 weeks, and its sort of an important photo. Am i SOL? Jwing if there is anyway to make this option

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    It may be the kernel or the speed is too high. Or, if you have a task killer that my be the cause. Have you tried clearing Dalvik cache? I clear mine every week and it makes a big difference in performance.

3. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kernel speed is 1ghz, i normally run around 1.1 or 1.2. No task killer, I clear my dalvik cache often. Also use CacheMate and MinFreeManager, which were recommended to me a long time ago with other problems I was having

4. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried that exact method, just ended up getting force close errors when it should have reset

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. frankk

frankk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mobile phones with built-in card may be unstable.I have touched such situation.You check the mobile phone built-in card.

6. hobbes105

hobbes105 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always had the same problem as the OP. I do still have this problem occasionally, but I've found a few apps that have helped.

I use an app called Fast Reboot Pro and I have it set perform a fast reboot every time I unlock the phone. The phone doesn't actually reboot, the app will just shut down running processes. You can white list anything you don't want to have shutdown. This really has helped to make the phone be responsive every time I unlock the screen.

I also use an app called Memory Booster and I have this set to "auto boost" when the phone is locked and also at a specified interval - I have it set to auto boost every 10 mins. You can also white list apps in this.

Using these 2 apps and white listing the stuff that I don't want shut down, such as the text app, the Dialer, K9 mail, etc... has really made a difference. I also white list Fast Reboot in Memory Booster and Memory Booster in Fast Reboot Pro.

I know that the lag that I get is my own fault because I've got a lot of widgets and apps running that really slow down my D1, but using the above apps has let me keep most of the widgets and apps running that I want and still have a usable phone.

7. hobbes105

hobbes105 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to mention, there's one more app that I also have been running: MemoryUp Pro. It's similar to the other 2 apps

And yes, I know that these are task killer apps. I don't want to get into the whole task killer debate. I'm just letting you know what has worked for me.

#7 hobbes105, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  8. martytoo

martytoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found a great solution to the lags. An app called FROYO. Seriously, I try each version of Liquid. The current one seems best but still slows down especially when loading large web pages and Maps when using satellite view.

I apologize for being a wise guy here.

9. hobbes105

hobbes105 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool - I'll take a look at that. lol

I wasn't thinking about the maps and websites, but I also have really bad lagging with maps and some websites too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#9 hobbes105, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  10. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using the scheduled task manager, figured out the problem with it. I may switch back to froyo, at least to do a comparison.

I really hope when the samsung galaxy s2 finally comes out, that liquid makes roms for it

Search tags for this page

android auto reboot

automateic restart my htc incridible s
harding restart htc verizon automatically
htc auto scheduled reboot app
htc incredible s auto reboot

htc incredible s auto restart

htc incredible s auto restart problem

htc incredible s model automatic restart
htc incredible s restarts automatically
samsung galaxy w auto restart problem