Automatic Backup Failed error on my Rezound

hydro556

Reaction score
For the past few weeks, when I wake up in the morning I have a notice in my notification bar. It is a little triangle with an exclamation point I think. I clear it out of habit, so I cant see it right now. But, it is an Automatic Backup Failed Error.

I talked to my daughter today, who also has a Rezound and she is getting it as well. I did a search, but even trying to search the Rezound forum, I get dozens of unrelated queries from every sub forum here. Ugh.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with these errors? Thanks.

cdm369

Reaction score
My phone was doing that and it was in reguards to verizons media backup failing which I don't use anyway. I went under settings....accounts and sync...tap the one that relates to Verizon media sync and uncheck the 3 boxes. It worked for me if you don't mind not syncing media through Verizon.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I believe it's an automatic sync for either Backup Assistant Plus or a general sync for email, Google, & Backup Assistant. They might be set to sometime in the early AM and if it tries to sync while the data is off it'll give you a failure notice. Me personally, I have all my automatic syncs turned off. That stopped the notices. I sync everything manually when I need it. Go into your settings--->Accounts and sync and you'll see it. Now your path to the sync setting might be slightly different than mine because I'm running ICS with Sense 3.6 but it should be close. You should be able to turn the sync on and off from there either individually or as a group. I can do that with ICS but like I said yours might be different. I don't remember what it was like before with GB and sense 3.5

cdm369

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
I believe it's an automatic sync for either Backup Assistant Plus or a general sync for email, Google, & Backup Assistant. They might be set to sometime in the early AM and if it tries to sync while the data is off it'll give you a failure notice. Me personally, I have all my automatic syncs turned off. That stopped the notices. I sync everything manually when I need it. Go into your settings--->Accounts and sync and you'll see it. Now your path to the sync setting might be slightly different than mine because I'm running ICS with Sense 3.6 but it should be close. You should be able to turn the sync on and off from there either individually or as a group. I can do that with ICS but like I said yours might be different. I don't remember what it was like before with GB and sense 3.5

This could also be right...I just looked at mine and notice it was set to only update over WiFi and was set to update from 12 to 6 am. That could be an issue as well. Maybe in a few programs.

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I've set that to stop syncing before but eventually it turns itself back on... I still want gmail and other stuff to sync so I've just been putting up with verizon steeling my pictures and whatnot.

-Rezound

cdm369

Reaction score
I really don't like the fact that they don't make an option to remove the vcast account from sync. It's annoying.

cw1710

Reaction score
I have started having this same problem within the last two weeks. I also just had my alarm disappear. When I click on the clock, the alarm option is gone. The alarm still goes off but there is a pop-up to snooze or dismiss but it is not the original screen. I can't find a way to edit it or disable it so now I seem stuck with the alarm on. Are these related or are they separate problems? I was curious if these problems might have come after a firmware update but don't have a clue.