Autokiller

stlcity

Reaction score
Do any of u guys use Autokiller to regulate androids internal memory management. If so could u post some of the settings that u use. Thanks.

Also there is an option in spare parts to enable compcache. Can someone explain its utility.

dbu

Reaction score
I can't speak much about compcache, I just know it means compressed caching. As for AutoKiller, I do use it, and I find that using the presets work just fine. I use the optimum one myself, and everything stays running nice and smooth.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love autokiller. I also use the extreme preset and all is well!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
I also use the extreme setting in autokiller and just make sure you exclude apps like Slacker or it will constantly close on you leading to mental instability :p

I used compcache on the old SholesMod ROMS and it made it fast as hell for the first few days and then it grinds to a hault. Havent used it since then, maybe its better now?

Last edited:

powerwagon

Reaction score
Auto Memory Manager is another wicked memory manager...been using it for a few weeks and it keeps things running very very quick/smooth.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've used Advanced Task Killer forever - do people find that autokiller or auto memory manager are superior?

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
I've used Advanced Task Killer forever - do people find that autokiller or auto memory manager are superior?

I have been switching between all 3 and there doesn't appear to be any difference in the core features of the apps, only difference is the GUI. So in others words they all 3 seems to work well. :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's because with auto killer and auto memory manager it's androids own native memory manager doing the work rather than a third party app. So many believe it's more reliable/trust worthy. I'm using auto memory manager right and it's been working pretty well for me.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Giving auto memory manager a try now.

bje1982

Reaction score
Alright so Ive been using Advanced Task Manager for a while now and decided after I saw this post to give Auto Memory a shot so can someone please tell me how to use this?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright so Ive been using Advanced Task Manager for a while now and decided after I saw this post to give Auto Memory a shot so can someone please tell me how to use this?

Nothing to it. Install, allow root access, and to start try one of the defaults (I'm using aggressive). You can also customize each individual group memory allocation if you desire.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright so Ive been using Advanced Task Manager for a while now and decided after I saw this post to give Auto Memory a shot so can someone please tel

Nothing to it. Install, allow root access, and to start try one of the defaults (I'm using aggressive). You can also customize each individual group memory allocation if you desire.
Yup, it's really set it and forget it lol. Wth auto memory manager you can set the priority of different apps too! Though I can't seem to get it to stick lol

anuraj1

Reaction score
I use MinFreeManager which does the same thing. The aggressive preset works beautifully and keeps my phone running super fast.

OP
S

stlcity

Reaction score
thanks guys. I now use the preset extreme. The phone is snappy