Autofocus lag on camera after install rom?

satriani72

Reaction score
I have lost my no shutter lag camera since I've tried a few different ROMs. I the only one that seems to work correctly is the stock one under Petes BB section. Anyone else having an issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

satriani72

Reaction score
Not 100% sure about this, but I believe the lag affects all 4.0.3 roms
4.0.2 ROM like Android HD 2.1.2 doesn't have the lag

That would make sense. I wonder what the issue is on 4.0.3? Hopefully they will release the official updates soon that addresses some issues and the devs can use that to build off of!

pdc419

Reaction score
I'm on axiom and although the camera is super fast it isn't no lag like the stock was. Thanks OP for bringing this up, hopefully it gets fixed across all the 4.0.3 roms

ABQNM

Reaction score
It is funny. With 4.0.3 ROMs the no lag shutter is gone, but the camera loads faster. It does take better pictures, albeit a bit slower (significantly so in low light). Now waiting on 4.1.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Hey can someone post some before and after pics in terms of the quality of stock versus a 4.0.3 ROM please? I've been sitting in the fence watching the ROM's develop, but I really really like my zero shutter lag. Would definitely hate to lose that. But if the picture quality is significantly better then it would be a much tougher call.

nbucko

Reaction score
I'd be willing to lose zero lag for better shots. I take quick pics here and there for work and while zero lag is nice id prefer to not have to tap to focus before every pic.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I'd be willing to lose zero lag for better shots. I take quick pics here and there for work and while zero lag is nice id prefer to not have to tap to focus before every pic.

I would like to have the option. I am not sure of the 4.0.3 ROMs just are missing the feature because they are leaked or it is still being tweaked or it is gone. I wouldn't mind having the option to toggle no lag on and off although when stock I was just using zero lag most of the time but if I had time to focus I would just press and hold the button. Iirc it would focus and take the pic all in one instead of tapping to focus first.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.