1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Autocorrect on physical keyboard...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BartJJ, Jan 10, 2010.

1. BartJJ

BartJJ New Member

ok so i know there is a thread on how you can use the htc keyboard stuff but before i went to that extreme (its buggy and messes up your virtual keyboard from what ive heard) i was wondering if there was some apk that would enable it... for those devs out there it cant be that hard to do can it? (i have no exp. in programming or anything of the sort so please forgive me if im wrong)... i mean i would love to have the autocorrect on the droid keyboard its a good keyboard if you get use to it its just that every now and then youll hit the u instead of i or something when typing like you would on the virtual keyboard... its rather annoying that it doesnt im sure that most of you feel my pain too...so please a little help here :*(
  2. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

You want auto-correction on your physical slide out keyboard? *shudder* I must just be blessed with small hands and fingers because I find the auto-correction of the on screen keyboard very very annoying. Typing "hmmm" and looking up and seeing I just texted "hammer" is frustrating though I now notice that there is an option in the autospell menu that lets you keep what you actually typed.

I just love the keyboard, slide it out and get on with the typing, no worries it will auto correct my words into unintelligible sentences.

heheh I guess people differ greatly on phone usage! :)
  3. messenger13

messenger13 New Member

There's an app on the Market that will give you predictive text with the hardware keyboard. It's called "TalkToMe Keyboard". I think it's $0.99 maybe ... whatever. Worth every penny! Yes, you can talk and it types as well ... but I only use that feature for short texts when I'm driving.

[​IMG]

@ LrdElderon - If you think you can type fast with the hardware keyboard now, if you had the predictive text and learned how to take advantage of it, you would be SMOKIN'! You don't HAVE to let it auto-correct anything for you. But the coolest thing is, when you see that it knows what word you want to spell, the word becomes red. At that point, you just tap the spacebar and it finishes the word for you.

For instance, when I type "abbr", the whole word abbreviation becomes red, I just tap the spacebar and move on. My 4 letters to your 12. And it makes words with apostrophes a snap as well.

Hope this helps. :)
  4. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

Yeah I never used a phone for anything but calls until this phone. my last phone was old, no color display or anything. The whole texting sms email from the phone is pretty new to me (i'm 27 so it's not like im an old senior citizen looking at a vcr lol) it's just I never really had such a nice phone with so much power before. It's pretty amazing piece of tech. But yeah I'm still trying to practice with the autospell, but my fingers are very skinny compared to most people so the physical keyboard is extremely usable and works perfect for me. I feel sorry for the people with bigger fingers that miss out on just how nice the keyboard actually is. It's one reason I'd never go to a nexus phone. I'm hooked on my good old slider!
  5. BartJJ

BartJJ New Member

yea i just went ahead with the htc touch input because i figured out you could install the apk from a file manager and such- my only problem is the landscape keyboard is really well laid out and all that it just doesnt fit the screen completely... if it did itd be the best one ive seen so far ;)
Search tags for this page

do slide out keyboards have autocorrect

droid 4 auto correct with physical keyboard

droid 4 physical keyboard autocorrect not working

droid 4 physical keyboard not auto correcting on text

physical keyboard android 4.2 autocorrect

physical keyboard disable autocorrect

spell check/auto correct with physical keyboard?

turn off keyboard shortcuts htc merge