Autocorrect error

SandyMc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When I type in "Ok", the phone wants to correct it to "OK" (capitalize it). It has always done this. After the latest update, when I press the space bar to accept the correction, it comes out as "OOK". I don't know why it's doing this or how to fix it. If I can't fix it, whom may I complain to, so I can get it fixed? Thanks in advance.

Try this
How to Fix or Turn Off Autocorrect on Android

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
I read through that link several times. It never told me how to correct the glitch, only to turn off autocorrect.

I should note that disabling the keyboard uninstalled the updates. When I fired it back up, the updates are still not installed. I'm thinking of keeping it this way. The stupid emojis no longer show up in the top bar. Win-win.

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
Spacebar to scroll through text? What pleasures am I missing?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Spacebar to scroll through text? What pleasures am I missing?
Yeah, what gives? Is this some strange page down feature or something?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Easily the greatest feature in Onscreen Keyboard History. Just when I thought there was no way to improve onscreen keyboarding, Google took away one of my frustrations: fixing typos.
yOU KNPOW, TYPE A WRONG WORD AND THEN YOU HAVE TO CLICK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORD TO TRY AND FIX IT. oH...YOU MISSED, CLICK AGAIN. oR TRY AND DRAG THAT DAMN CURSOR. wELL, NO MORE.
(Sorry, acci-caps and I'm not fixing it)
Now? Click NEAR the typo and just slide your finger left or right on the spacebar to move the cursor. A feature I never imagined but now cannot live without.

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
Interesting. I will have to see if I have it with the factory installed keyboard.

My phone updated apps overnight, including the Google keyboard. The "OOK" came back. I disabled it again, which uninstalled the updates, and then enabled it. "OOK" is gone again (until the next time my phone updates the app).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Easily the greatest feature in Onscreen Keyboard History. Click NEAR the typo and just slide your finger left or right on the spacebar to move the cursor. A feature I never imagined but now cannot live without.

OMG, why haven't I heard of this before? Getting the cursor right where you need it has been a big per peeve of mine since the left and right cursor buttons were removed from the keyboard.

It WORKS!

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lordparsnip

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Droid Force
Thank you! I had the same "Ok"/"OOk" problem on new Moto Force. After reading this feed, I went to App settings for Google Keyboard and selected "Uninstall Updates" from drop down menu in upper right corner. Now problem is gone!