Autocorrect error

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
When I type in "Ok", the phone wants to correct it to "OK" (capitalize it). It has always done this. After the latest update, when I press the space bar to accept the correction, it comes out as "OOK". I don't know why it's doing this or how to fix it. If I can't fix it, whom may I complain to, so I can get it fixed? Thanks in advance.

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
Sorry. I'm a bit of a dolt. How do I do that?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
settings > Language & input > Personal dictionary.

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
"OOK" is not in the personal dictionary. It is not giving me an option to select "OOK". It just inserts OK after the O that I typed to make OOK.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using the stock keyboard?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My Turbo 2 is not changing Ok to OOK when I hit he space bar, it changes it to OK. I am using the stock Keyboard, which is the Google keyboard on our phones.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try clearing the cache on Google keyboard..and force stopping it...mine has actually been acting strange..but I type so fast that 40% of my words cone out wrong.

I've been getting bad typos like in words like "eventuality" if I haven't used it in a while..my phone will slap down something like everyone and some other crud..i miss my blackberry keyboard..but would rather deal with a bad virtual keyboard and have the screen space..for instance ..i typed acting strange and it types eating...tried typing it down here and I get typo action...its just weird at times..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try clearing the cache on Google keyboard..and force stopping it...mine has actually been acting strange..but I type so fast that 40% of my words cone out wrong.

I've been getting bad typos like in words like "eventuality" if I haven't used it in a while..my phone will slap down something like everyone and some other crud..i miss my blackberry keyboard..but would rather deal with a bad virtual keyboard and have the screen space..for instance ..i typed acting strange and it types eating...tried typing it down here and I get typo action...its just weird at times..
The texts you send must be EPIC! . The keyboard and I don't get along sometimes. Sending words I didn't even type.

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
I am using the stock keyboard. I tried forcing it to stop. I did not reboot after forcing it. Maybe I will try those together next. Any other thoughts?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So is doesn't show up as a suggestion? It just automatically replaces it? If so, I think the next thing to do would be to install a different keyboard. Uninstall Google keyboard. Reboot. Reinstall Google Keyb.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The texts you send must be EPIC! . The keyboard and I don't get along sometimes. Sending words I didn't even type.
They definitely make ya laugh and cringe... lol.

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
No. It does not show up as a suggestion. To modify a previous post, it's more like it removes the "k" and replaces it with "OK" to make "OOK". I don't know of any way to uninstall the Google keyboard. The most I can do is force it to stop. Here goes....

OP
S

Snoweman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo 2
OOK is gone. I disabled the keyboard, rebooted and then re-enabled the keyboard. It seems to have taken care of the glitch. Thanks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OOK is gone. I disabled the keyboard, rebooted and then re-enabled the keyboard. It seems to have taken care of the glitch. Thanks.
Excellent troubleshooting and fantastic results! Thanks for keeping us informed and for sharing your results. This could be very helpful to someone else down the road.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk