Autocharged for using 3g Mobile Hotspot?

Detonation

Reaction score
I searched around but couldn't quite find the answer to this question. I've had an X for a while but just tried the 3G Mobile Hotspot for the first time. When I enabled it, the only prompt I got was a warning about battery life and security, and a small line at the bottom stating mobile hotspot provisioning is required. I connected my laptop to check it out and was able to load up google and facebook. From what I've read, you're supposed to get a screen from verizon saying you need to add the service before you can continue. I never got that...I am going to have a nice $20 surprise on my bill, or is there some sort of grace period/trial before they cut you off?

Note I know you can get free hotspot by rooting, that is not my concern. I just find it ridiculous if Verizon is automatically charging you for something when there is not a clear warning they will do so.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Never tried it myself, but don't be surprised if you see an extra charge on your bill.

OP
Detonation

Detonation

Reaction score
Well I called CS about it and he said there should have been a warning and prompt to agree to active it, but he didn't see any hotspot usage on my account. Don't see any on MyVerizon either. I just wonder why mine worked, where as other people get stuck at the verizon page saying they need to pay for it first.