Auto-rotate

ejpinder

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with auto-rotate not working all the time?

dnyor93

Reaction score
So I flashed the Liberty 1.5 with the get r done tool works fine but my screen doesn't auto rotate? And I can't get it to rotate from landscape to portrate
Help?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

dnyor93

Reaction score
Oh and if I were to flash a theme for liberty would I have to flash the rom tool?

sid_wisc

Reaction score
So I flashed the Liberty 1.5 with the get r done tool works fine but my screen doesn't auto rotate? And I can't get it to rotate from landscape to portrate
Help?

It is a known issue with the Romer and i believe the developers are working on it.... There is a sensor zip that you need to flash in addition to the romer to help you with the screen auto rotate (sensors) issue... elaborately described here (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ge...rom-er-tool-tool-convert-d2-roms-use-d2g.html) for your ease i am pasting it below here as well...[D2G_Sensors.zip]

what this will do is to enable the sensors that check the screen rotate issue

BEST OF LUCK.dancedroiddancedroid.. feel free to ask questions if you have any more issues there are a lot of people more knowledgeable you and me !!!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Basically, the sensors (less basically, the files and/or drivers for the sensors) are very different for the global than for the 2.

If you want the sensors to work without rebooting the phone constantly, you need to keep the screen on (and possibly the phone running a program) at ALL times.

All in all, it wasnt as much of a hassl as I thought not having sensors. They released a 'fix' to have the keyboard lights enable wihout sensors as well, but granted it can be dodgy at times.

Liberty 1.5 is an amazing ROM, i wish they made a release specifically for our phones.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Oh and if I were to flash a theme for liberty would I have to flash the rom tool?

to answer this question, NO you DO NOT have to flash the Romer or sensor tool. It only have to flashed once when you flash the ROM and then changing the theme does not require you to flash the tools again..

Also one more thing, when you go to the toolbox in Liberty it might say that you do not have the latest version, just ignore it you are still fine... There is a way to get rid of the old version pop up but i will not worry about it as it is a error code and has to do nothing with you not being able to take advantage of the liberty toolbox to change anything on the ROM (theme etc.)
Enjoy!!:icon_ banana:

cricketson007

Reaction score
I had same issue with sensors but fixed that. Don't think it's related but when I try to turn off screen it turns off then a few seconds later reboots and stays on lock screen. Any ideas?

Sent from Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL

carbanm

Reaction score
I had same issue with sensors but fixed that. Don't think it's related but when I try to turn off screen it turns off then a few seconds later reboots and stays on lock screen. Any ideas?

Sent from Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL

If you look at the thread regarding sensor issues, the problem you're having is basically the entire purpose of the sensors tool (which is to turn off the sensors so they don't force the phone to soft reboot when it goes to sleep), basically, either you have sensors, or a functional phone. It does look like soon there will be some native D2G roms other than just Fission, especially with P3droid looking for a D2G to purchase for dev purposes.

TL;DR- Sensors on=phone reboots itself, Sensors off=phone doesn't reboot itself

Asphyx

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone read the known issues list before they blindly go and flash a rom?

I mean would you eat something without looking to find out if it is food or poison before you put it in your mouth?

Guys just a word of advice. Read everything associated with a ROM you intend to flash not just once but at least FIVE TIMES!

It will stop you from posting dumb questions and it will prevent you from screwing up your phone to a state beyond repair!

If you don't read and know what to expect and what can go wrong or don't bother to look and see if something is actually going to run on your phone your only going to be making lots and lots of bricks!

ROmer is a great tool to allow you to run D2 roms on a D2G.
Whatever doesn't work is CLEARLY stated by the developers!

LOOK before you LEAP!