Auto rotate not working

cnmsales

Reaction score
Auto rotate doesn't seem to be working right. It was earlier. I have installed zeam and set it to use sensor based rotation. It worked for a while then all of a sudden home was sideways. But apps displayed properly. Disabled that feature and home started working but now apps are all sideways. Phone has been restarted but same thing. Anyone have an idea? Auto rotate in phone settings is and was enabled

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Well I uninstalled zeam and went back to the stock launcher and it still is not working. With stock if you turn of auto rotate everything goes straight but then no screens rotate when you spin the phone. If any one has any ideas or suggestions please let me know. I hope my phone isn't bad. I don't want to have to go back to the store tomorrow.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
If enabled does it work 100% of the time in, lets say, the browser?

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
No it wont work in either. When its enabled all apps show normal but wont rotate, and the homescreen shows in landscape and wont rotate.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how there's not a massive amount of people going nuts right now you might have a lemon. You could try a factory reset or take it to Verizon.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
I did find another post on another forum with a few users having the same exact issue. Man I didnt want to have to do a factory reset.

Going to post my apps here so #1 I have a list of what I need to reinstall and #2 If someone else finds this post it may be helpful to know what I had installed as I have a feeling its a particular app that is causing this. I will reset it then report back here if that fixes the issue.

Currently Installed apps are as follows
Adobe Reader
Car Home
Dropbox
ES File Explorer
Facebook
Fancy Widget
Gentle Alarm
Grooveshark
Handcent
K9 Mail
Moola
Network
Playon
Scanner Radio
Touch Calendar
TuneIn Radio
Tv Show Favs
Weatherbug

If anyone else is having the issue maybe they could uninstall any matching apps to see if that fixes the issue. Ill report back on my findings after the reset.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok, I reset the phone and have reinstalled all the apps listed above and got all my settings how I want them and the issue is gone. Dont know what it was. Im sure it was a conflict with some setting somewere that I enabled that was causing it. Will keep an eye on this and if it happens again possibly look at returning the device.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has or would be willing to install the app PULSE. This is the only thing I didnt put back on as it was giving me major problems on my OG Droid, and now im wondering if it is what caused the issue on the TB.

johnnyhobbes

Reaction score
i am having the same problem- my aurotrotate wont stay on. so you suggest for htc thunderbolt? are all of our apps stored on our account so i we facotry reset we can simply re install at no price?