[Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

silvai77

Reaction score
Firmware

Would this work with any software number? I just got an update yesterday to 1.10.605.0

polish23

Reaction score
Some people seem to be having luck with the auto root post update just follow the instructions and you should be ok

Sent from my bamf'd bolt!

cata2k

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been wanting to root since Verizon decided to screw us smartphone users by trying to force us to buy an additional service to tether... Problem is I am running 1.70.605.0. Will this method work on my phone?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been wanting to root since Verizon decided to screw us smartphone users by trying to force us to buy an additional service to tether... Problem is I am running 1.70.605.0. Will this method work on my phone?

Yes (10char)

toorima

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently rooted via the long process.

I am Android version 2.2.1
Baseband 1.16.00.0023r

Will the auto unroot work for my phone? I do not use the root abilities to the whole potential and figured ill just go back to stock and enjoy the phone as is. Any help would be great, thanks.

Also, since I have not installed any custom roms and such, Verizon keeps pushing the update through. I keep rejecting it. Is it safe to turn my phone off or will it try to install it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

jacrx17

Reaction score
Will this method work on 1.70.605 fhe last ota update or is there a different thread or link?Thanks

wondering the same thing.

I just did the manual (adb) way followed instructions on you tube video and was easy, and I've never used adb

paddyo75

Reaction score
Computer can not read the phones card

im trying to root my TB, but when i connect to my mac OS X i get a message saying it cant read the card?

Ferrocy

Reaction score
worked great!

This worked perfectly on Thunderbolt 1.70.605.0!!! Where do I send the donation?

gaer01

Reaction score
question regarding sequence

I understand the three file downloads, autotoot, autoroot alpha 2.1 and the adb file replacements, but what I don;t understand is do I complete the seqence in auto root before moving on to auto root alpha 2.1 and then finally replacing the adb files, or is this done first, not clear on the sequence. Thanks in advance for any assistance

dgardner16

Reaction score
Wroks with 1.13.605.7

Several people have asked if this works with version 1.13.605.7. I tried it yesterday and yes it does work. However there was a hicup. I did use the updated package with the service pack posted as well.

After the second time it installs the PG05img.zip and rebooted you again after to change some the settings on the phone. when it booted up i changed the settings and plugged it back up to my computer. Hit enter to continue the batch file and it said adb was out of date and failed to find my phone connected(didn't display a serial). All i did was restart the batch file and choose number 3 this time and it completed ok. Not sure if that was what i needed to do but it seems to be working. I've already flashed a new rom and a new radio and it seems to working fine.

gary73

Reaction score
I had to run step 3 again also

dshannon09

Reaction score
operation failed

I've been trying to use this root for like the past 2 hours on my thunderbolt. My phone did an automatic update by itself while I was sleeping to 1.70.605.0 which then took away my access to my mobile hotspot. When I try to root, it says "mmap() operation failed" Can someone please help!

gp2quest

Reaction score
So I was going through the first round of disconnecting the phone from the computer.

When prompted to select the bootloader (dont remember the exact screen choice) I did and it started to check the sd image and had the expected no image error message.

after it checked them all the phone displayed a error message the the "main version is older" that "update failed" and to press power to reboot.

when i do that it takes me to another screen. I think its the fastboot screen and my only options are bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, power down. All of which lead me to the same problem and no way that i can figure out.

Help please....

Jaxpr3394

Reaction score
Quick question. Trying to use the UNroot method for my friends phone but after recognizing the device, the script starts to run the next step, then closes. Any clue why? I used to auto root to obtain root initially incase anyone was wondering. And at first, dab wasn't recognizing the phone, nor was htc sync, but I got passed that problem only to be faced with this one. Running BAMF too. Thanks guys.