[Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

tv31284

Reaction score
so, just to be sure, i dont need adb for this method to work?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so, just to be sure, i dont need adb for this method to work?

No but, its still a good thing to learn in case anything goes wrong :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Dugall12

Reaction score
Did this yesterday and worked great thank you so much!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JustWeldIt

Reaction score
Why is it that when I click to download the auto root file, all I get is some iLivid download?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for this.
I have been wanted to root for a while to get the crap off the phone, but was nervous about rooting the other ways. This is the best!

Now that you are rooted, HOW do you get the crap off your phone?

There's nothing special to removing bloatware, just go to phone settings--> applications--> manage applications--> select all tab--> and scroll down to the applications you want to delete-->select that application-->select uninstall. Titanium Backup will also allow you to easily delete applications on the phone.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Well I manually rooted my droid, and didn't really feel like manually rooting my TB, so I waited for something like this to come along. The auto root process was completely successful, not a single hiccup. Doesn't get any easier people who are concerned about the repercussions. Now I can take advantage of the many purchased rooting apps I own.

DaXXer

Reaction score
Alright when I do this will I be able to load ginger bread and/or sense 3.0 if so how? Cause I've jail broke iPhone but never rooted Droid.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Flipp

Reaction score
this by far is the easiest rooting ive delt with. pretty simple and clean.
thanks for the awesome work.
-Flipp

efeyeesh

Reaction score
I can’t get it to work. I went through the process and followed every instruction. It was all going good but in the second section of the process with the USB connected, it didn’t offer to “start update” like it did in the first section. So I rebooted. That gave me su, was able to install ROM manager and busybox, and the RootChecker app said I had root and busybox was installed successfully. But I couldn’t boot into recovery and when I tried it said “S-ON”. So I ran autounroot and tried the autoroot again. Now the bootloader says “S-OFF” but I don’t have su. Can anyone see where I went wrong?

wooddale

Reaction score
I can’t get it to work. I went through the process and followed every instruction. It was all going good but in the second section of the process with the USB connected, it didn’t offer to “start update” like it did in the first section. So I rebooted. That gave me su, was able to install ROM manager and busybox, and the RootChecker app said I had root and busybox was installed successfully. But I couldn’t boot into recovery and when I tried it said “S-ON”. So I ran autounroot and tried the autoroot again. Now the bootloader says “S-OFF” but I don’t have su. Can anyone see where I went wrong?

What system did you use to root