[Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes 100%. 10char

I totally appreciate your help, but do you have any proof that this is true? Not trying to be a jerk, I just can't afford to make a mistake.

I feel you.
Well the easiest way to prove it for *yourself* is when you call for your claim (if you haven't already) they ask 2 dozen questions. None of which is did you root/mod phone. Was that way last time for me anyway.

jskyler91

Reaction score
Yes 100%. 10char

I totally appreciate your help, but do you have any proof that this is true? Not trying to be a jerk, I just can't afford to make a mistake.

I feel you.
Well the easiest way to prove it for *yourself* is when you call for your claim (if you haven't already) they ask 2 dozen questions. None of which is did you root/mod phone. Was that way last time for me anyway.

Interesting, I haven't made a claim yet. Will I have to return my phone if it is water damaged? If so, won't they notice that its rooted?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

I feel you.

Interesting, I haven't made a claim yet. Will I have to return my phone if it is water damaged? If so, won't they notice that its rooted?

Yeah you'll have to return it.

Those phones go straight to 3rd party refurbisher's mega-complex to be stripped of all noticeably used parts & reset. They don't turn them on until after they've done most of the work so even if they cared (which they don't) it would be too late.

I promise you you're good as you sit right now but I gotta get out of here before I get banned for posting. Good luck & hurry up & make your claim so you aren't without a phone for multiple days!

Last edited:

jskyler91

Reaction score
I feel you.

Yeah you'll have to return it.

Those phones go straight to 3rd party refurbisher's mega-complex to be stripped of all noticeably used parts & reset. They don't turn them on until after they've done most of the work so even if they cared (which they don't) it would be too late.

I promise you you're good as you sit right now but I gotta get out of here before I get banned for posting. Good luck & hurry up & make your claim so you aren't without a phone for multiple days!

WHy would you get banned for helping me? Its not like you are doing anything illegal or pointing me towards warez, you are simply sharing your experiences. I appreciate your help.

chin2334

Reaction score
Why wouldn't u just say u lost it I did got an extra one and pay the same amount

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dbelshe

Reaction score
I already feel stupid, but I downloaded the auto-root file, it downloaded as a .rar file, the next step says to unzip it, so Im sure I did something wrong. where do I get the zipped file?

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Well getting ready to autoroot my smoking hot new Thunderbolt and try out inherits with the sense 3.0 aspects :)

dbelshe

Reaction score
Im still having problems, I did get the file unzipped and followed the directions to the point where I select "1" for start at the begining, and select "y", then it says I should see the serial number for my device, but I dont. I have debugging activated and "charge only" selected. What am I missing?

dbelshe

Reaction score
Ok, got it figured out, I "thought" I had the sync drivers installed but didnt, so installed the drivers and got it rooted, now Im just checking out the goodness. Do I need to install something to get rid of some of the bloatware?

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Woot woot rooted now. So does the radio we flashed in the process work with gingeritis?

Kboss375

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for this.
I have been wanted to root for a while to get the crap off the phone, but was nervous about rooting the other ways. This is the best!

dbelshe

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for this.
I have been wanted to root for a while to get the crap off the phone, but was nervous about rooting the other ways. This is the best!

Now that you are rooted, HOW do you get the crap off your phone?

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Search these forums and Google for debloating your phone. I must say you really should try the gingeritis rom. I love it.

Sent from my rooted Thunderstick using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yes 100%. 10char

I feel you.

I recently had to replace my thunderbolt using asurion insurance, and I never even spoke to a person. I did my claim online, they overnighted my new tbolt, and i had a new phone in hand in about 18 hours, not a single question asked.

On an unrelated note...
I used the automated root process on this phone, and it was a lot simpler than when i used adb to root my last few android phones.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt running VirusROM_Airborne.

Last edited: