[Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Hacks' started by nmsystms, Apr 18, 2011.

1. dshannon09

dshannon09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    operation failed

I've been trying to use this root for like the past 2 hours on my thunderbolt. My phone did an automatic update by itself while I was sleeping to 1.70.605.0 which then took away my access to my mobile hotspot. When I try to root, it says "mmap() operation failed" Can someone please help!

2. gp2quest

gp2quest New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I was going through the first round of disconnecting the phone from the computer.

When prompted to select the bootloader (dont remember the exact screen choice) I did and it started to check the sd image and had the expected no image error message.

after it checked them all the phone displayed a error message the the "main version is older" that "update failed" and to press power to reboot.

when i do that it takes me to another screen. I think its the fastboot screen and my only options are bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, power down. All of which lead me to the same problem and no way that i can figure out.

Help please....

3. Jaxpr3394

Jaxpr3394 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question. Trying to use the UNroot method for my friends phone but after recognizing the device, the script starts to run the next step, then closes. Any clue why? I used to auto root to obtain root initially incase anyone was wondering. And at first, dab wasn't recognizing the phone, nor was htc sync, but I got passed that problem only to be faced with this one. Running BAMF too. Thanks guys.

4. dad2adammegan

dad2adammegan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to root my HTC Thunderbolt today. Could someone please tell me if Auto Root is the best root program and please show a good link to download it at. The link below only brings up a picture of the download button. Thanks and great site.

5. weezyldroid27

weezyldroid27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Look on your sd card and make sure you don't have any .zip on there. Delete if so.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

6. weezyldroid27

weezyldroid27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For gp2 make sure you don't have any pg05img.zip on your sd. If so delete it and run cmd again and continue from there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

7. giff111

giff111 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    am having same issue. no pg05img.zip on card. still getting same main version is older. update fail.

Search tags for this page
auto root htc thunderbolt
auto unroot thunderbolt
how to unroot htc thunderbolt
htc thunderbolt auto root

tb auto root

tb auto root download
tb auto-root
tb autoroot
thunderbolt auto root
unroot htc thunderbolt