Auto Power On/Off App?

kingpin6866

Reaction score
Is there an app of some sort that will turn my DX off at this time and back on at another time? I had one for my BlackBerry.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android != BB. There's no equivalent to the BB auto on/off. Android devices are completely off when off.

Natey2

Reaction score
Android != BB. There's no equivalent to the BB auto on/off. Android devices are completely off when off.

Considering the direction these Smartphones are headed, maybe someday they'll have a Sleep or Hibernate mode, like PCs have.

I can't believe I just said that...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dennydl

Reaction score
Ok, makes sense, no auto on/off. How about auto radio off (Auto Plane mode) or even auto silent mode? Issue I'm trying to avoid is having to remember to go silent or turn on plane mode on every night before I go to bed but mostly remembering to turn it back on the next day. This was a great option on my BB.

OnScoobySnacks

Reaction score
Profile Settings Full...

Dude, I live by this app. It sets my phone to:

Sleep (all silent except calls from family) at night 11:00pm-6:00am

Normal/Home (all sounds back on and medium volume) by cell tower detection

Commute (everything as loud as it goes and GPS on) by Blue-tooth connection to my car

Work (all sounds set to low, GPS off) by BT disconnection from my car and cell tower detection

Plus a Vibrate profile i can select manually as any of the above too.

OSS

dennydl

Reaction score
Does it make Coffee too?..... Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Which App is that? I did not see a mention of the App.

ArtieD

Reaction score
I believe the name of the App that OnScoobySnacks refers to is Setting Profiles Full ($3.99). The title of his post is Profile Settings Full.

If you just want to change the volume and vibration settings, I recommend Sound Manager by Daniel Roozen (free). It allows you to schedule each of the six sound and vibration items independently with multiple schedules. So for instance I have my Ringer Volume and Ringer Vibration set to zero and off from 11pm to 5 am Monday through Friday and different times on the weekend. I also have all of them set to adjust the volume at 6 am every day, so I always start the day with the default settings I want.

Another option is Tasker by Crafty Apps (~$6.50) it allows customization of just about every feature based on states such as location, time, bluetooth, WiFi, etc. It's a little tricky to program, but worth the effort if you really want to take control.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of these or others that would turn off the LED on a schedule?

I'd love to listen to music while falling asleep, but have the phone dark and silent until morning. Thinking of ditching my alarm clock and just docking the DX!

ArtieD

Reaction score
I use Digital Clock by Notes (free) as my night clock. It doesn't advertise this feature, but it turns off the Notification LED when the clock is active. It's a great night clock also with nice large numbers, adjustable brightness and adjustable font colors.