Auto on/off

Stephens

Reaction score
I was wondering, is there an app that will shut down your phone and then restart it in the morning? I had it on my BB and it was nice, I never got a call in the middle of the night. And now I leave my phone on to charge and use the alarm in the morning.

Does it exist or available?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nope, Thats a hardware feature of BB IIRC.

There are apps that will power the device down, but can't power it up.

Daily rebooting is not required on Android as it is on BB.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use an App called Setting Profiles to silence my phone completely when plugged into AC power between 9pm and 7am. My alarm still goes off at 6am, but I never get email, SMS, or phone chimes during the night. Try Setting Profiles Lite for free first though and see if it can help do what you're looking to do.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
If you go into Settings > Sounds > Volume you will notice that the alarm has it's own seperate volume setting, meaning that even if you have the phone set to Silent mode, your alarm will still go off as long as that volume is up, and by default I think that the alarm is turned all the way up.

MarkY3130

Reaction score
If your phone is rooted, many of the custom roms have a feature called "quiet hours" (for example Ultimate Droid 2.5) where you set the hours and it silences all notifications during the set hours. Yet if someone calls due to emergency or whatever your phone will still ring and of course your alarms will still go off.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a number of apps that can schedule changes to your alerts. Tasker can also do this.

Daily rebooting is not required on Android as it is on BB.
It's not a requirement on the BB either. I never rebooted my 8310 -- and still don't. It's still used as a work device. Be careful with generalizations any time you use them.

Last edited: