Auto On/Off like my Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Kimmer, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just switched from BB to my first Droid, and I've slowly found most things and this forum has helped a lot, but one little thing I can't find bothers me: My BB had a setting to turn off at a certain time and turn back on at another time, weekdays, weekends could be different. Is there anything like this for my Droid 3? I know I can put Droid to sleep and wake it back up in the morning, but I really miss my phone doing this for me automatically.
    PS: another BB vs Droid loss/can't find: adding words to my auto correct. I have to put the apostrophe in "I'm" now, for example, and my BB had a spot to add words to always spell a certain way. Does droid have this? Thanks!

2. bOOm_cORNEr_sHOt

Ratings:
    +0
    Timerriffic, are you using Swype (installed by default, have to enable it) ? I know that app allows you to add words.

3. Kimmer

Kimmer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Swype?

I do not see Swype in my pre installed apps, and Market only shows an add-on to the existing app, not Swype itself. Am I supposed to have this? Is it somewhere else?

4. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Swype hac nothingto do with what you want. And sadly, I miss this feauture too.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

5. NoBloatware

NoBloatware Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I don't think that the phone is capable of powering on using software. The next best thing would be to use a battery mode like "Nighttime saver". The phone would technically be on but it would use very little power.

To enable Swype go to your Language & Keyboard settings or long-press in any text area and choose "Input method" from the menu to change keyboards.

6. celtic11

celtic11 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Once I type a word in a few times while testing it automatically gets added to my "user dictionary. Also I found when I got my DROID 3, it would show up with suggestions as I typed but wouldn't auto correct. I had to go into Settings > Language and Keyboard and mess with some settings.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
android auto on off
android auto on off like blackberry
android auto on off power
auto like blackberry

auto on off android

auto on off droid
auto on/off android
auto power off android

droid bionic auto on off

droid x2 auto on/off