auto dim

kingcat400

Reaction score
i got the gb update Saturday and now when the screen goes dark during a call i have no way to light it back up to end the call.befor i would just press the lock button to make it brighter. i think it is caused by my case blocking the sensor. is there a way to stop the auto dim.

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
i got the gb update Saturday and now when the screen goes dark during a call i have no way to light it back up to end the call.befor i would just press the lock button to make it brighter. i think it is caused by my case blocking the sensor. is there a way to stop the auto dim.

You can turn off the proximity sensor in the programming menu, but your face will push random things on the screen. So, it's your choice. Either remove the case that's blocking the sensor, or accidentally end the call with your cheek. ;)

To turn off the proximity sensor:

Open the dialer and put in ##7764726 and press call.
Enter 000000 (six zeros) for the SPC code.
Scroll down to Proximity Sensor
Disable it

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Mine too, I used to hit the lock/power button but I changed that in accessibility to disconnect. Today I hit the home button while on a call the screen came back on.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Yeah as noted in the post above, I wouldn't recommend turning off the proximity sensor while having the Accessibility option to end phone calls with the power button on.

Might seem obvious --- just a friendly reminder.

Home > Menu > Settings > Accessibility > [Power button] subsection
Only one option there, which should be unchecked unless you like to end all phone calls with the power button.

Personally I would pay more for a dedicated Call/End call button found on all standard cell phones. The irony! :byeBB:

sandradee228

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this post. For several days, I have been trying to identify the source of the blinking light on the left side of my phone so I could get it to stop when I'm sitting in a dim room. The calibration is insane.

You can turn off the proximity sensor in the programming menu, but your face will push random things on the screen. So, it's your choice. Either remove the case that's blocking the sensor, or accidentally end the call with your cheek. ;)

To turn off the proximity sensor:

Open the dialer and put in ##7764726 and press call.
Enter 000000 (six zeros) for the SPC code.
Scroll down to Proximity Sensor
Disable it