Auto-dim while charging.

ænyoc

Reaction score
While my phone is plugged in, after some tine if activity the screen will dim. I'm not talking about 'settings -> developer options -> stay awake'. The phone stays awake and doesn't lock unless I lock it. That is working fine.

I'm talking about the screen dimming to the point i cant read it, but not turning off. It seems to be tied with the screen timeout option under 'settings -> display -> sleep'. I have it set to 1 minute so my battery doesn't die from the screen staying on too long when its not plugged in. However, when its plugged in, I don't want it to do this.

I also don't want to change the screen timeout to 10 min each time I plug it in and back to 1 min when I unplug it. So... is there a way to turn off the auto-dim feature when its plugged in?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

OP
ænyoc

ænyoc

Reaction score
Anyone?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It should dim to the lowest possible and even then it's pretty bright imo. Whether it's charging or not the screen will dim at the set time. I'm not sure but maybe there's an app that'll keep it awake if it's charging.

OP
ænyoc

ænyoc

Reaction score
normally it would be bright enough... however in direct sunlight, such as when I'm driving and trying to use the navigation app, I don't want to keep having to tap the screen to see traffic patterns or see how the interchange I need works (CA freeways suck for interchanges)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I haven't used navigation much with the Nexus yet, but from what I experienced for maybe the 15 minutes I used it, the screen stayed lit pretty nicely. Normally I just leave it at brightest setting if I am using it for navigation (did this with my Inc) and it never went to sleep or dimmed that much from what I can remember.

IjumpOverU

Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing, both for navigation and I use Pandora through my car's audio. Don't want it to dim, just stay on or even go to full brightness (since it is plugged in and charging at that point).

Stuffie0912

Reaction score
On my Droid X I could change the settings to not dim or timeout when plugged in (charging).

How can we do this on the Razr Maxx?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
On my Droid X I could change the settings to not dim or timeout when plugged in (charging).

How can we do this on the Razr Maxx?

This is something that I would like to know also. I loved that on my Droid X and I like for the display to stay on while I'm in the car.

Thanks!

toddegreene

Reaction score
normally it would be bright enough... however in direct sunlight, such as when I'm driving and trying to use the navigation app, I don't want to keep having to tap the screen to see traffic patterns or see how the interchange I need works (CA freeways suck for interchanges)

Navigation->Settings->Screen Dimming

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums