Auto-Correct / Custom Dictionary?

garboy

Reaction score
With my BlackBerry Storm there was a (I think it was called) a custom dictionary. I was able to type something like "OMW=On My Way" in a text message and it would substitute the words "On My Way" for the letters "OMW"

Is there such a feature for the Droid with your application?

Thank you.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I did not respond just because of my name, and I am unable to direct you to something like that in the market but I have a tip I used to build my dictionary on an old moto phone that I had and likely should dig out and work on importing its dictionary to my droid. I am not a fan of building predictive keyboards, but once built....terrific.......and one of the things I typed all the time was "onmyway" so I just added it to my dictionary together. Why? Because inserting the text took too long. Just a thought...if you use predictive.....and no, I do not have the patience.....

Sarcasticon

Reaction score
I did not respond just because of my name, and I am unable to direct you to something like that in the market but I have a tip I used to build my dictionary on an old moto phone that I had and likely should dig out and work on importing its dictionary to my droid. I am not a fan of building predictive keyboards, but once built....terrific.......and one of the things I typed all the time was "onmyway" so I just added it to my dictionary together. Why? Because inserting the text took too long. Just a thought...if you use predictive.....and no, I do not have the patience.....

Ummm....you never said "how" to build this on a Droid.

Sarcasticon

Reaction score
Thanks. So what I get from this is that I can create a shortcut of sorts as long as it's one word. There is no way to substitute, like typing "hig" and getting "how's it going" like you can on a BlackBerry, right?

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I would have hoped if there was someone would have mentioned it by now. There is a thread for designing applications you want that you could make a request for it there.

Uber keyboard was previously mentioned--I am not familiar with it. I feel your pain wanting the shortcuts. I was a court reporting student when I was younger and was a lot of short keyboard phrases that nobody else understood for a long time until everyone started catching on to texting. Omw-On-my-way saved me from translating later too. The thread? Likely found searching threads with keywords of apps you want.