1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Auto brightness

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by jpin321, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

I've posted about this before and I've been shot down with don't use it.

I'm trying to perfect the auto brightness but it only works for few seconds after its been enabled.

I'm using a program that shows the output of all the sensors on my phone.

Its light sensor is reading correctly when its first enabled 1400 for example. Then if I check it again a few minutes later it's reset back to 0 or 10

I can disable re-enable auto brightness then it reads correctly again, then soon after goes back to 0 or 10. This is why the auto brightness has never worked for me.

Anyone know why this would be. Has chevy disabled this for reason? Anyone know how to fix this?

For the record I don't mind that This uses more battery or whatever. I would really like for this to work.

Sent from my Simply Stunning Droid.
  2. bullswife98

bullswife98 New Member

Ok,I have read and re-read this question several times to try to figure out exactly what it is your asking. Correct me if I'm wrong here but is the progam that reads the sensors able to modify the settings? Cuz that's the only way it would actually be able to change. If not then all it does is just that reads it. It won't be able to change anything. Android operating system itself will auto reset to its original setup, to actually modify the auto brightness I believe you would have to change the hardware part, it won't really have anything to do with the rom. The settings the Rom has is just standered settings. If you want to perfect your auto brightness you'll have to leave auto off. By leaving it on your basicly letting the android set it itself,which will be by default set by the manufacturer. Unchecking this allows you the oppertunity to set it as you see fit for you.

SENT FROM THE OG DROID THAT STARTED IT ALL, RUNNING SIMPLY STUNNING ROM 5.4
  3. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

The program I'm using doesn't change anything it simply allows me to view all sensors info in real time. And from what I see its broken. Androsense or something.

First I check the reading of the light sensor. It will almost always read 0 or 10 in bright daylight.

Second I enable autobrightness.. then qickly check the sensor reading. It always reads correctly in the office it reads 1400.

Third lay the phone down for 5 min or so..

Fourth I recheck the sensor it now reads 0 or 10. This causes the backlight to be on the lowest brightness setting in bright daylight and will not autobrighten.

Fifth I disable autobrightness then re-enable and the brightness instantly changes to the correct level I can check the sensor and what do u know its reading correct.

Something is broken here and I'm trying to figure out what.

4. bullswife98

bullswife98 New Member

Aahh,I see. Might be hardware? Not sure, my brightness doesn't behave like that so not sure which way to direct you to get it resolved. Will follow this though. Someone on here may know a solution surly. If not try Droid techs side of the forum someone for sure would help ya there. Good luck.

5. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Have you tried playing around in Settings>Cyanogen Settings>Display Settings, then click on Automatic Backlight. It lets you play around with the various light sensors. Also you can try disabling the light filter.

Sent from my Simply Stunning OG Droid.
  6. milkshed27

milkshed27 New Member

7. ænyoc

ænyoc New Member

Been havng problems with mine as well. Going to try the tutorial posted above... I'll let you know!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  8. bullswife98

bullswife98 New Member

Just an fyi,read the tutorial above and followed it to the T and although I really was fine with what I had and I gotta say way cool! Didn't realize what that setting was for but with a little tweak here and there I'm impressed! Now I can see my phone with auto brightness checked. I always had to unchecked it and adjust it manually myself which is annoying at times. Thanks for this! Great info.

9. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

Thanks for the link, I've been playing with these settings but, I've copied his setting to the t. Hopefully its just a settings issue and this will solve the issue. I will report back with results tomorrow when I get out in the sun.
  10. jpin321

jpin321 New Member

These settings have fixed the issue. It works perfectly now. Even the sensor readings are correct. Thanks for your help everyone.

Search tags for this page

cyanogenmod disable auto brightness

disable auto brightness android

disable auto brightness cyanogenmod

how to disable brightness for cyanogenmod 10

reset auto brightness android